Theory about sight

Something I came up with recently. What if everyone didn't see the same things? You may be used to whites, blues, greens, etc, but someone might see the world like a negative, and not be any the wiser. It's just a weird, random theory, but there'd be no way to test it.

Sorry, I'm bored :wacko:

... some people are color blind.

585431324[/snapback]

Not color blind, but seeing colors different. For example, take a picture of the room your in. Edit it so that it's negative. What if other people saw like that on a day to day basis? They wouldn't know, because they were taught that blacks were called white, whites called blacks. This also works for other variations of colors

(This is hard to explain without just making a generalization that everyone sees in a certain way)

Not color blind, but seeing colors different.

585431419[/snapback]

Color blind does mean you see different colors. Color blind people can go on thinking green is blue, yellow is red, etc.

I think he talks about perception. That someone percepts a color differently than you. E.g. if you could see through his eyes (well, actually brain, the eyes work the same), the red light would appear blue to you, while he thinks it's red, since it always looked like that to him his whole life.

slighty of topic, but my tutor at college is colour blind, he asks us which pcs are blue because to him blue is green.

and at secondry school their was a girl in my group that kept naging the teachers because they kept using the wrong colour board pens. the boards are white and the pens needed to be dark blue or black. anything else she couldn't see

Color blind does mean you see different colors. Color blind people can go on thinking green is blue, yellow is red, etc.

585431462[/snapback]

It is? Oops :blush:

I think he talks about perception. That someone percepts a color differently than you. E.g. if you could see through his eyes (well, actually brain, the eyes work the same), the red light would appear blue to you, while he thinks it's red, since it always looked like that to him his whole life.

585433037[/snapback]

This is what I was trying to get at.

Something I came up with recently.  What if everyone didn't see the same things?  You may be used to whites, blues, greens, etc, but someone might see the world like a negative, and not be any the wiser.  It's just a weird, random theory, but there'd be no way to test it.

585431312[/snapback]

Actually, we all see a different glass, car, house, tree. We each create a slightly different version of our agreed upon Reality.

You are learning, young grasshopper. :happy:

Something I came up with recently.  What if everyone didn't see the same things?  You may be used to whites, blues, greens, etc, but someone might see the world like a negative, and not be any the wiser.  It's just a weird, random theory, but there'd be no way to test it. 

Sorry, I'm bored  :wacko:

585431312[/snapback]

Mmhmm, that would explain different tastes in colors... I agree

As a side-note, it is possible to be completely color blind. The condition is known as complete achromatopsia, and means the person is unable to see any colors at all, like they were living in an old black and white movie.

The eye works a little like a television or a CRT monitor. There are rods, which are used to see shades of gray, and cones, which see color. Ever looked at a television up-close and seen how the picture is made up of tiny clusters of red, green and blue? Well, the eye works in the same way. There are seperate cones for each color, and that's where color blindness comes in. You get different types of color blindness depending on which cones are "malfunctioning." If none of them work at all, you end up seeing in black and white. This means you will also be extremely sensitive to light, as the rods are very sensitive, whereas the color cones are not. That's also the reason why it's hard to make out colors when it's dark.

As for any radical differences in a person's psychological perception of the environment, it would most likely be the result of some brain defect and discovered "by accident" at early age.

I've also thought about that a long time ago :)

So when that person would see the world in negative, then he would see white when he closes his eyes, wouldn't he have sleeping problems?

I've also thought about that a long time ago :)

So when that person would see the world in negative, then he would see white when he closes his eyes, wouldn't he have sleeping problems?

585507164[/snapback]

not if they are tired enough ;)

one thing i dont understand about this theory is how black and white can be switched. it doesnt make sense. you see white because there is a lot of light being reflected off of something you are seeing. black things absorb all light. your brain cant just create light energy in a place it doesnt exist. this whole theory just doesnt make sense. why would anyone be inverted? things like this dont just happen.

not if they are tired enough  ;)

one thing i dont understand about this theory is how black and white can be switched. it doesnt make sense. you see white because there is a lot of light being reflected off of something you are seeing. black things absorb all light. your brain cant just create light energy in a place it doesnt exist. this whole theory just doesnt make sense. why would anyone be inverted? things like this dont just happen.

585508073[/snapback]

Something with the nerves? The brain just interprets black as white. Not much more explanation