Do dead pixels get "unstuck"?

I ask this because when I bought my PSP on Thursday, there were no problems. No dead pixels at all. But when I turned it on this morning (Saturday morning), there were 5. What's the deal? If they don't change back by this evening, I'm gonna go back to the store and get it exchanged, but still, it's sorta odd.

From what I can remember, you should go and get it changed.

Dead pixels don't go away, and Sony have realised that their units get dead pixels really easily at the moment.

From what I can remember, you should go and get it changed.

Dead pixels don't go away, and Sony have realised that their units get dead pixels really easily at the moment.

585675223[/snapback]

You cant remember correctly then.

Dead pixels can happen at anytime and can go away. Just as if on your LCD monitor for your computer after a year you get a dead pixel or something. They can come and go.

Is it a HOT pixel or a DEAD pixel? If it's dead... it's dead? Otherwise if it's say, a bright pixel that doesnt go away, then try getting a tissue or cloth and wipe the screen? Push a litttle on the screen (but not too hard) and rub in circular motions? That took away some of my HOT pixels... but if it's dead then I guess you should take it back. That's what I think anyway... bright glowing pixels (any colour) can normally be removed by applying a bit of pressure and moving the liquid around a bit.

It worked for me, maybe it'll work for you?

But dirt under the screen doesn't come and go :(

585677259[/snapback]

actually it does

thats what motivated me today in the morning to get my psp replaced. Some white spot out of nowhere (the size of a pixel) popped up under the screen (psp off)