Miranda 0.4 final released

This will be the best multi-protocol im client when it adds aol's oscar support.

585741078[/snapback]

thus why i still use trillian instead of miranda

thus why i still use trillian instead of miranda

585741084[/snapback]

Same here. I really want to use Miranda, and I keep going back to it every few months, but I always end up at the point when its too much of an annoyance not to have Oscar support, so I go back to Trillian :(

Cool!

Was using the 6th nightly (right after RC3) and working great. Now on 0.4 final :)

gotta love miranda! (now it needs better msn support so i drop msn for once and all)

Cool!

Was using the 6th nightly (right after RC3) and working great. Now on 0.4 final :)

gotta love miranda! (now it needs better msn support so i drop msn for once and all)

585741153[/snapback]

It has pretty good msn support, minus all the new features such as status and such.

Same here. I really want to use Miranda, and I keep going back to it every few months, but I always end up at the point when its too much of an annoyance not to have Oscar support, so I go back to Trillian :(

585741107[/snapback]

Exactly the same for me =/

It has pretty good msn support, minus all the new features such as status and such.

585741168[/snapback]

i know :)

i actually used miranda all the way up till now. But it'd be lovely if miranda could support the ink messages and on-contact-list display pictures and all (there's a plugin in the works for this last one) and the what's playing and all. I like messaging, but i'd like to have the pretty features too :)

edit: OMG! post 666 :p

i know :)

i actually used miranda all the way up till now. But it'd be lovely if miranda could support the ink messages and on-contact-list display pictures and all (there's a plugin in the works for this last one) and the what's playing and all. I like messaging, but i'd like to have the pretty features too :)

edit: OMG! post 666 :p

585741524[/snapback]

I dnt really care what people are listening to tbh. Ink messages the point of that is?

When you could just type it. Avatars on contact do u know how big that would make your contact list you may no thave many contacts but the amount i have it would not be practical to have avatars on miranda and anyway you can get avatars in tabsrmm.

I dnt really care what people are listening to tbh. Ink messages the point of that is?

When you could just type it. Avatars on contact do u know how big that would make your contact list you may no thave many contacts but the amount i have it would not be practical to have avatars on miranda and anyway you can get avatars in tabsrmm.

585741574[/snapback]

it's nice features that make up the user. users aren't developers. it's the little things that make the users like a program.

it's not about "practical" it's about "working and doing it pretty".

1) the what people are listening is nice. both to make fun of other people and to allow people to see what kind of music you like. it's interesting as social interaction.

2) the ink messages are specially useful for me because i have a wacom. sometimes i'll just send a drawing to a friend to make fun of them or to amuse them. it's also nice to send a non-existant "emoticon".

3) contacts on your contact list, while making the list bigger, gives the list a more social and friendly look. it actually puts faces/images/ on the names.

all are features that, while not needed for IM, make the social interaction more interesting.

you don't need to smile to someone to talk to them. but if you do, they'll be more friendly while talking to you :)

it's nice features that make up the user. users aren't developers. it's the little things that make the users like a program.

it's not about "practical" it's about "working and doing it pretty".

1) the what people are listening is nice. both to make fun of other people and to allow people to see what kind of music you like. it's interesting as social interaction.

2) the ink messages are specially useful for me because i have a wacom. sometimes i'll just send a drawing to a friend to make fun of them or to amuse them. it's also nice to send a non-existant "emoticon".

3) contacts on your contact list, while making the list bigger, gives the list a more social and friendly look. it actually puts faces/images/ on the names.

all are features that, while not needed for IM, make the social interaction more interesting.

you don't need to smile to someone to talk to them. but if you do, they'll be more friendly while talking to you :)

585741624[/snapback]

Ok if your social interraction is purely done by a messaging client then what does that tell us about your interraction skills with ur friends and if you do 'socially interact' with people out of the meassaging client then i am sure those features are not that important. I am able to go with the music feature being able show people what type music you like. As for ink messages unless u have a drawing tablet i am sure you cannot draw good 'funny' drawings to 'make fun of your friends' with a mouse and i am not sure why you want to do with that. And avatars u want ur messaging client to be 'social and friendly' wth! Its a program how 'sociable can you be with a program! Also as i said tabsrmm has a opiton to include them in the message window and Ieview offers them in the message log...

...and if you want to argue more on this subject we take it to the 'sociable and friendly' messaging client instead of filling this thread up with rubbish! :D

No, Miranda's not for UNIX. Gotta use GAIM or Kopete or something.

The only things i want for Miranda at the moment are hand-writing (for MSN), an improved chat interface (for pretty much all of them, although MSN is the main one i use), an improved TabSRMM (it's glitchy since the update for IEView), and an improved IEView (it's really slow and a little buggy).

I would say OSCAR support for AIM, too, except AOL keeps banning me from AIM (apparently for using Miranda), so f them, i just won't use AIM anymore.

edit:

Forgot to mention: Although i want hand-writing, i'm fairly convinced that the Miranda guys are way too stubborn to try adding it. :'(

Edited by lav-chan