You Know What I've Noticed About Ipod Users....

I have yet to see a single iPod user wearing anything but the packaged headphones. I've used them, they're nothing special, just average sounding earbuds. You can pick up better sounding earbuds for 20$ and under, which is exactly what I did with my MP3 player. Thought this was kind of odd myself.

I have noticed it too. Though few people have Ipods around my area, but the few I have seen have the packaged headphones, I think it's because there white like the player.

thats because they are usually in people pockets, and you wotn notice if they ahve an ipod unless theyre wearing the whiteheaphones in the first place lol duh

the only reason i used them is because the actual headphone connector thing was small. and they were comfortable. But they broke, so i got new ones for free...those broke. now im perfectly happy with some crappy 7$ panasonic ones which sound better anyways :)

thats because they are usually in people pockets, and you wotn notice if they ahve an ipod unless theyre wearing the whiteheaphones in the first place lol duh

585979713[/snapback]

exactly. Most people who buy different 'phones usually are the modest ones and just keep them in their pocket. (moi) I'm not risking anyone else with quick hands. :ninja: (im watching you!)

I have yet to see a single iPod user wearing anything but the packaged headphones.  I've used them, they're nothing special, just average sounding earbuds.  You can pick up better sounding earbuds for 20$ and under, which is exactly what I did with my MP3 player.  Thought this was kind of odd myself.

585979700[/snapback]

I use my old Sony, I even didn't open the package where the white ones are in. ;)

585979713[/snapback]

Actually I see most people with them where people can see them. I see few iPods except for at my local gym, where I usually see at least one everytime I go, unless I go earlier in the morning or another time where it's not as busy, like I did today. Always worn where people can see them and always the packaged headphones....oh well.

I got some 5$ black earbuds that hook over my ear, which I thought woul dbe lame as hell at first. They were for my 20gb iRiver. After usign them I realized, damn, these beat out normal earbuds so much for being active. Normal buds tend to fall out for me, wheras I could skate all day with these kind and not have em budge.

On the topic of theft, one thing I've always liked about my iRiver is people don't instantly recognize it. So many iPods got jacked out of peoples cars etc during last schoolyear, but I'm lucky. Before Is tarted using a lock at the gym, I had someone steal all the cash out of my wallet, throw it on the ground, then leave. 300$ mp3 player in the next pocket over, rofl. They got away with a whole 2$. Ironic, huh? Even more ironic is how I write on the back of my money, "Do not let me control you."

Pwned.

Oh, and if you use different headphones, that doesn't matter. Have I seen you? No. ;)

I use the headphones that came w/my iPod. Why go spend more money on new ones when these work fine?

I get what you're insinuating, but I'm not about to go out of my way and buy new headphones to hide the fact that I'm using an iPod.

since i have the u2 special edition ipod, the white clashes with the black shell... i really had no plans to upgrade, but somehow one of the buds decided to melt... i was like wtf happened here, since it was only on my table or in my pocket. Oh well such is life... i upgraded to some sennheiser mx500 buds and they go with the ipod a lot nicer and sound better too :)

edit: shpelling

I use the headphones that came w/my iPod.? Why go spend more money on new ones when these work fine?

I get what you're insinuating, but I'm not about to go out of my way and buy new headphones to hide the fact that I'm using an iPod.

585979763[/snapback]

I'm not so much going on the whole anti-theft crap as I am, you're speding $350+ on an audio playing device and don't even bother to get a good pair of headphones, doesn't make sense to me. It'd be like having highquality, 24/7 HDTV streams and using a standard, non HD TV set. Or buying an Athlon 64 system with 2gb of high-end ram to play Diablo 1. Just seems like they're not getting all they paid for in a sense. I know with my nice, over the head earphones, sound quality is drastically improved, to the point of hearing things I couldn't with stock headphones.

Headphones melted? Hahah. My old earbuds broke too. Something about slamming them in between a concrete garage floor and sledgehammer doesn't agree with them. I await the next time a pair of headphones decides to crap out on me. :devil::

The included earbuds sound fine, but I still wanted better sound quality. I got a pair of B&O A8's for my iPod mini, the sound quality is amazing and they look a lot better than the included earbuds, they're definitely worth the price. I'm not too concerned about getting my iPod mini or headphones stolen because I never use them in places where they could get, in fact, stolen. ;)

I still use the included earbuds from time to time when I don't feel like taking the time to adjust the A8's.

I didn't even use the stock headphones (I use my 2 year old JVC headphones: much better bass). When I got the package home, I just threw those away.

I guess those who do use them don't want to spend money on headphones, or that's their first audio and/or MP3 player.

I know that some people don't want other people knowing that they have an iPod, so they keep the pod in their pocket and use other 'phones. I personally would do that so people don't get any ideas about stealing the player from me. But I have a Creative Nomad Jukebox Zen, so nobody wants to steal that anyway :) .

I know that some people don't want other people knowing that they have an iPod, so they keep the pod in their pocket and use other 'phones. I personally would do that so people don't get any ideas about stealing the player from me. But I have a Creative Nomad Jukebox Zen, so nobody wants to steal that anyway :) .

585979891[/snapback]

I guess that makes sense. The only one I go out in public with is my shuffle, which I use running and at the gym. A thief probably wouldn't want to take that. I use my photo in the car primarily.

I've also noticed that ipod users tend to have this dense and stubborn belief that ipod is the only mp3 player in the world.

Alot of posers have iPod style earbuds, but have other mp3 players, like me, I'm planing to get myself a pair of white Nokia earbuds for my phone.

Alot of posers have iPod style earbuds, but have other mp3 players, like me, I'm planing to get myself a pair of white Nokia earbuds for my phone.

585980080[/snapback]

Or maybe they just happened to buy those kind of headphones for X other reason?

I think some people are too quick to come to conclusions. I have an ipod, Ive had other mp3 players before it and I dont use the white phones with it (mainly because its an advert that I have one to muggers)

I think some people are too quick to come to conclusions.  I have an ipod, Ive had other mp3 players before it and I dont use the white phones with it (mainly because its an advert that I have one to muggers)

585980579[/snapback]

sneaks up behind Matt500 and grabs his Ipod..... (What the Ahhh ) a Dammmm Ahhhh TazeAhhhh er Ipod Look alike.

sneaks? up behind Matt500 and grabs? his Ipod..... (What? the Ahhh )? a Dammmm Ahhhh? TazeAhhhh? er? Ipod? Look alike.

585980588[/snapback]

:laugh: :laugh: damn argos - they said it was real