"Save as..." like Internet Explorer for Opera!

Page2CHM

Very useful plugin for Opera browser for saving documents in *.CHM/*.ITS formats and in default IE/FireFox format (html + folder with images). Title of page = name of saved document.

Sorry, russian language only available so follow my install instruction:

1. Download setup http://issoft.net.ru/downloads/p2c_installer.zip

2. Extract and run p2c_installer.exe

3. Press right button for accept license agreement

4. Specify install path to Opera directory

5. Press right bottom button for install

6. In your Opera window will opened new tab with install.htm

Then drag first link "Сохранить как..." from install.htm to any toolbar/panel

(this button for save document WITHOUT images).

Or drag second link "Сохранить с изображениями" to any toolbar/panel

(this button for save document WITH images)

Use these buttons for saving documents in CHM, ITS formats or like as Internet Explorer(html+folder with images).

7. Also you can set special keyboard shortcut for save page function, for example set new shortcut Shift+S

Go to Preferences -> Advanced -> Shortcuts -> Edit

Create new shortcut and then set this action for keyboard shortcut:

Execute program, "savepage.exe", "%u", "Save" & Save document with images as

Hope you find it useful.

did opera ever made their own format to download an entire page within the same file?

I'm talking about the .mht in ie where all the images are saved in the .mht

Unfortunatly, Firefox nor opera can open this file which is only supported by ie (since microsoft made it)

I know firefox is working (or trying to work hehe) on their own format since they saying the .mht is not good or something

• 2 weeks later...

:angry: :crazy: :angry: :crazy: :alien: :crazy: :angry: :alien:

That program don't work

Following the instructions for installing and using, the only result that I obtain is the page with images at same level not with images in a folder associated like it should be. There aren't options for saving except only to determine the size and appearance of the chm file.

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: WHAT DA HELL DOES THIS PROGRAM WORK?

:angry:  :crazy:  :angry:  :crazy:  :alien:  :crazy:  :angry:  :alien:

That program don't work

Following the instructions for installing and using, the only result that I obtain is the page with images at same level not with images in a folder associated like it should be. There aren't options for saving except only to determine the size and appearance of the chm file.

:angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry: WHAT DA HELL DOES THIS PROGRAM WORK?

586191747[/snapback]

:no: Man, take a chill pill, when you click on the buttons and the save diailog box opens you have to change the file type in the drop down box from CHM to Internet Explorer.

It's just unfortunate that the program is in russian, it would be good it the author could add english to it, just so I could see exactly what I was clicking on.

:angry:  :crazy:  :angry:  :crazy:  :alien:  :crazy:  :angry:  :alien:

That program don't work

:angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry: WHAT DA HELL DOES THIS PROGRAM WORK?

586191747[/snapback]

dude go read neowin rules and take a chill pill

Excuse my language, but this program doesn't work like it says alex and stng, and I am very angry.

I installed it in the opera directory inside Program files directory, then it opened in opera install.htm, after I dragged and dropped the links to principal toolbar, the buttons are visible, I opened a internet page, next I do click in the button of save page with images and results a dialog box with a drop-down menu only with the next options:

- HTML files

- text files

- All files.

What am i doing wrong?

regards

:) :)

P.S.: This behaviour is same with the button of save page (without images)

el_esponjoso

I installed it in the opera directory inside Program files directory, then it opened in opera install.htm, after I dragged and dropped the links to principal toolbar, the buttons are visible, I opened a internet page, next I do click in the button of save page with images and results a dialog box with a drop-down menu only with the next options:

- HTML files

- text files

- All files.

What am i doing wrong?

regards

Try to create new keyboard shortcut Shift+S with action:

Then press Shift+S for save page.

Mohsin Naqi

wtf man nothing is happening, is that a f****** spyware

Bull****. This proggie DOES NOT contain any spyware or adware or bugware etc.

2 All

You can e-mail developer with suggestions to add english and other languages support.

support[@]issoft.net.ru

:cry: It didn?t work.

Assigned the (shift+S) like keyboard shortcut with action:

And give me the same result (a html with images in the same level)

el_esponjoso

What is your operating system?

It working fine for me... "Save as" dialog with extended options must be appear after small window with developer name. Look at screenshot.

Standart "save as" dialog with extended options of Page2CHM:

page2chmsaveas1va.png

Page2CHM v.2.2

[+] Added MHT format support. But it required to download and install special MHT-addon: http://issoft.net.ru/downloads/p2c_mht.zip. Seems MHT saving working not good yet. But you can try to test.

• 2 weeks later...

Does not work...

WinXP SP2 - Slovak interface, Opera 8.01, build 7583

My SaveAs dialog is not changed, but mistake may be is in Opera command/button.

Dialog SaveAs is displayed and after blink same window (maybe SaveAs.exe?). Is possible add dialog to SavePage.exe?

English interface is not needed, but is recommended write dialogs in english somewhere on web... My machine not corectly displayed russian charset.

• 1 month later...

UjoSlavko

English interface is not needed, but is recommended write dialogs in english somewhere on web... My machine not corectly displayed russian charset.

Try to install russian (cyrillic) fonts into your system.

In Windows XP: Control Panel - Regional Settings

• 2 months later...

New updated version: Page2CHM v2.3 - powerful plugin for save pages in Opera.

Changelog:

[!] Fixed error with halt of Opera

[!] Fixed error with saving "As Internet Explorer"

[!] Fixed work with Opera v8.02

[!] Fixed error with "Integrator"

[+] Added plugin "Scripter" for use Page2CHM with external programs. Now you can save pages into any format - for example to ZIP, RAR, 7Z etc.

[+] Added "Quick Save" function

[+] Added keyboard shortcuts

Download Page2CHM v2.3

http://issoft.net.ru/downloads/p2c_installer.zip

Download plugin "MHT"

http://issoft.net.ru/downloads/p2c_mht.zip

Download plugin "Scripter"

http://issoft.net.ru/downloads/p2c_scripter.zip

tried it before - it does not work here [win2k3 ent pl and win xp sp2 pl], same - i dont realy understand why you didnt came with an instruction how to isntall that damn thing. i dont understand russian, my comp does not understand it, too. and i dont realy want to install something i dont need [russian fonts]

if it would work for all, not for a mysteriously chosen group, then it would have been a rgeat tool. while it doesnt work for all i consider it only a good sign, but nothing more. unfortunatelly, ff owns opera here.. i realy dont uderstand why they didnt do anything with save as opton in 9tp.. but it is their business

It works pretty simply for saving like IE or as a CHM, but MHT still crashes out. The trick is you need to add a menu item as described in the posts here.

It would also be nice if someone would create an english translation.

• 2 months later...

It works pretty simply for saving like IE or as a CHM, but MHT still crashes out. The trick is you need to add a menu item as described in the posts here.

It would also be nice if someone would create an english translation.

pg2chm 2.5 is out but it is in russina language.

not working with my opera as older version do.

what about 2.5 enlish version or version working with opera 8.10?

Does anyone have a download link for this, I can't seem to find it on the site.