Module Panic

Hey Autopatcher Team,

Long time no post! I've seen a few of those Module Panic error posts, and thought I might be able to contribute to the problem (albeit the occasional corrupt download or OS language issue).

I used the Module Installer to remove the AddOns and Tweaks modules, after which the 35601 & 35602 error messages pop up.

post-46102-1120668252.gif

When I uninstall the modules, it deletes the .amc and .lst files, but not the modules\Tweaks and modules\AddOns folders. Apparently if they are still present you get the error. So either the module scanning mechanism needs to change, or the Module Installer has to be modified to move/remove the folders when you choose to uninstall modules. Too bad you can only remove the Parent module and not the individual programs/files, instead of doing it manually.

I'm not sure if this has been documented or not, so forgive me if this is old news. Just thought you might want to fix it prior to the July release, if it is coming.

L8r

the error means youve got multiple modules using the same id !

most likely option is that youve extracted it over a previous release

you need to delete your autopatcher folder and re-extract the latest release again

Thanks for the quick clarification. However, I'm trying to build a 2000 and XP CD. How do I do this?

I apologize for my ignorance. I've been away from this project for TOO long, been busy with my own. However I still contact Raptor at least weekly. I'm just not familiar enough with the new version. I did a good 1/2 hour of reading posts tonight and will find more time in my busy schedule to dedicate to AP very soon!! ;)

np ;)

the latest xp and 2k releases are almost completely compatible, theres just two problems which will be fixed in the next 2k release im working on.

1) the updated components folder in 2k is called 'updated components' while in xp its called 'components'

You need to drag and drop everything in the 2k folder into the xp folder (say yes to over-write confirmations)

2) the xp sun java module uses a setup file named sunjava.exe, whereas 2k uses jre-1_5_0_03-windows-i586-p.exe

When you over write one module with the other, you may end up with two setup files.

delete the jre-1_5_0_03-windows-i586-p.exe one, and keep sunjava.exe

then use the module editor to edit sunjava.amc and make sure its the one that uses sunjava.exe, if not edit it to do so.

(the module will become unnofficial, however it will be compatible with future releases, and allow for being overwritten by new versions).

I have integrated both XP and 2k using the suggestion above.

Expand the XP.  Expand the 2K over the top of it.

Move the contents of the "updated components" into the "components"

Open up the Sun Java amc - and check the name of the installer - and delete the one not used.

This version (2KXP) has since been used on a couple of machines - both 2K (1) and XP (6 - 5 Fresh - 1 Not)

The only problem I have come across is that networking problem that has come up a couple of times.

I edited all the tweak modules to make them not default - and deleted wallpaper/themes/screensavers - changed a couple of others - deleted a few more modules - and then burnt it onto CD - along with both the network installs of SP2 and SP4

Fits perfectly. Once I get the Net Problem (I hope its the tweaks) then it should be fine. If I work out the Net Problem - I will confirm what has been mentioned in the other threads.