Future browser MUST Support this... PLEASE!

I AM SO FRUSTRATED, MAD that sometimes when I type a LONG post, and then ACCIDENTALLY I hit some keys on my keyboard, and DAMN my post is ALL GoNE!!! :angry:

And, YES, it just happened again!!! :angry:

I could hit F5 by Accident, or I could click on a link by accident, or I could be using a different browser during my posting, and by clicking in that browser, it uses the browser that I am typing in.

ALL these has happened to me, before! And, if I were lucky, text were saved, but a lot of times NO Text were ALL gone!!!

Microsoft, Developers, Anyone, please Please please Come up with save-what-I-am-typing method, so I don't Lose my text again!

Or is there a software like this already?

Yes, I know what you mean lol, it's soooo annoying.

Firefox sometime saves the information you're typing, i.e. when you click back the text is still there ... but sometimes it looses all the information entered. I'm not sure about IE, but I think it's the same like FF. I've rarely use Opera so I don't know about that.

Frankly, this is one of the ONLY thing I look forward to beside Tabs, in NEW Web Browser.

I don't know what else can you do to a web browser to make it more innovate than this.

So, Microsoft, are you listening??

"Accidents DO happen, but what can you do to prevent it" should be the NEW slogan for Internet Explorer 8 or 7.5...

Save what I write every Second, and when I press F5, or click a link or cause any other accidents.... texts will not disappear!

Can you do it, Microsoft?

Its called notepad :rolleyes: and copy and paste :rolleyes:

586285145[/snapback]

Well, here is a BIG wish list for Next Internet Explorer then.

If you're unable to not hit F5 or actually remember that you're half way through a post when you click a link (so that you copy paste the link in a new window) then that's very much your problem. What you're suggesting is unneccesary when Windows (and pretty much any modern OS) comes with a text scratchpad designed specifically for this purpose.

If you're unable to not hit F5 or actually remember that you're half way through a post when you click a link (so that you copy paste the link in a new window) then that's very much your problem. What you're suggesting is unneccesary when Windows (and pretty much any modern OS) comes with a text scratchpad designed specifically for this purpose.

586285162[/snapback]

but why use an external editor when the browser could just store multi line textbox contents for a while (could the opera users explain how it works there rather than just saying GET OPERA!!!111one?)

Why? Why should I use another program (Word, Notepad) to type my post, and copy & paste it. Why go thru all these steps?

IT SHOULD BE BUILT-IN right in IE.

You are making excuses for a lacking browser, that should be No excuses for any TRULY innovative browsers to lack this feature that everyone can completely benefit from!

Yes, you are right, it's my problem, but it's an accident, not like I doing it intentionally. Many people make such accidents.

As I said, Accidents do happen, what can a Great browser do to prevent it that's the only solution!

We are in 2005 folks, this kind of technology shouldn't be that hard for Microsoft!!

Right now you have two choices:

a) Use a bit of common sense and do long posts in a seperate text editor. The argument against this is null and void in my book because it's just such a simple solution to what is a very silly problem really. Bit of a clich? to say this, but you're making a mountain out of a molehill.

b) Get Opera

I agree, this is a feature that really could be useful. If it could perhaps save any field text to a buffer when a page action is taken, that would be extremely helpful!!

Internet Explorer 8 MUST have this feature, or I swear I will switch to any browser that HAS this feature!

U hear, Microsoft?

Not have this functionality in 2006/7 or have me use another program to do this task is just Ridiculous and UNACCEPTABLE!

A keylogger is a type of application, he wasn't naming a specific application.

Keyloggers run in the background, and try to hide themselves so you don't know they're running. They log everything you do, every key you type in the keyboard. Also depending on how advanced it is, it can log what websites you visit, etc.

Keyloggers aren't horrible or anything. Usually parents can use them to spy on what their kids do online for example.

So if you use a keylogger, it will record everything you type, including what you wrote into a post. Load it up, look through the log, then copy and paste what you just typed (Y)

But as many others have said, you can use Opera. Opera remembers everything you input on a page when you go back or forward through the pages.

It's a form state restore, when you submit a form, that post/get data is stored by the browser for the navigation history, when you click back, the browser attempts to refill the form with the data you entered. I know in IE, it typically only works for form elements with a name attribute, or form elements which aren't altered by javascript code.

As you are writing the post, periodically select all and COPY it to the Clipboard. Then if it goes wacky, you can just paste it back in place. :)

I think generally with software development if a user accidently does something often you need to ask yourself, can I help them not do this again.

If you are accidently pressing F5, im not sure they can do much. When I type, my hand goes no-where near the F5 key...maybe you need a new keyboard?

how do you accidently hit f5, its no where near any of the letter keys, maybe the numbers, but even then there is a good 1/4 inch gap :blink:

did you like sneeze and bash your hands on the keyboard at the same time or somthing?