Half-Life 2 Survivor Arcade Game

On September 1st at the AM Arcade game convention happening right now in Japan, Taito Amusements announced Half-Life 2 Survivor an arcade based version of Half-Life 2. Still more information is on the way but a couple of screenshots and some pictures of the demo video were posted on the web today. The site for the game is located at hl2survivor.net, with more stuff to come check out the screens and stay tuned for more info.

LINK

post-21827-1125699986.jpg

post-21827-1125700045.jpg

post-21827-1125700105.jpg

post-21827-1125700167.jpg

I think the arcade version was annonced as a rumor in 2003.

As the rumor stated, This arcade version will have a single player game in which is the same as the PC Version's Campaign, This will also have online multiplayer which you can hook up to the internet to play with friends.

Ah the japanese... see, they have the right idea, what with their Mariocart and F-Zero arcades, and now they are making a bold move in making Half-Life 2 Survivor. Now I don't know how well the multiplayer gameplay of Half-Life 2 will translate, but I would love to play it and I think its a great idea, one that will of course also boost Valve's revenue greatly so they can continue making such great games.

Someone please convince whoever needs convincing to bring this to America, we have such crap for arcade games.