Windows Vista Build 5308 screenshot leaked

i like where they're going with the systray icons.... (the white on black....well when using the regular theme)

nothing special although i would like to know if this build number will be close to the Feb CTP

if you ask me it's feak.....

if you zoom in on the picture where the text say;

windows vista beta 2

evaluation copy. Build 5308.winmain_idx01.060126-1800

the background of the text is crappy.....

windows vista beta 2

That is because of jpeg compression artifacts. Same thing has happened around the icons.

^ What's wrong with having a Pentium 3 600mhz? I still got that! (it's sitting somewhere in my grandma's room though) =P lol

Back to topic...all it shows is a new Network (Center) icon and a new Volume icon in the systray....

hum... you know...

Vista Clasic look... Classic :/

Why is just the Classic shown? :(

Because the black theme won't be final for RTM build. Windows Vista will have sort of blue look and feel... :yes:

I wished they kept Luna as a theme :(

I don't see how hard it is to have it in there.

Classic, Luna and Aero *default*, thats how it should be :)

Thanks for the screenshot, guess all we know is a newish build #.. hehe

^ What's wrong with having a Pentium 3 600mhz? I still got that! (it's sitting somewhere in my grandma's room though) =P lol

Back to topic...all it shows is a new Network (Center) icon and a new Volume icon in the systray....

Even those aren't new. *sigh*

Even those aren't new. *sigh*

We wont see final icons till RC build, and probably it won't look as it looks now. But, for sure many of the icons through the development will be part of shell32.dll. I guess they are playing with the things and final decision about many things isn't made yet. The programming is like an art. MS Developers pretty much finished the code for shell (theme). Now they can skin Windows Vista into anything they want, it is nothing what would take more then a month.

windows vista beta 2

HAHAHAHHAHA

Looks like someone hasn't saved a jpeg / gif in his/her life.

HAHAHA

All I will say is that while this specific compile isn't the February CTP, but it is an early build of the CTP. It will bare the build number 5308 and will be from the idx01 branch. The build itself installs much faster than any previously release builds, and Thurrot is correct about the Sidebar being in the build. The build is feature complete, although it is not UI complete... meaning the April CTP (aka Beta 2/RC0 equivalent... although the April CTP will not be milestone quality) will contain most of the final UI touches and bits.

Edited by utaks