[Release] Lucid Weather 1.0

Whenever I post a screenshot of my desktop people always ask about the weather widget I have in the corner. I made this widget a while ago and never thought of releasing it, but after receiving permission from a few people I finally decided to do it. This is my first widget, so feedback would be greatly appreciated. :)

Features Include:

- current conditions

- three-day forecast

- two changeable skins

post-52589-1142871357.png

Click here to download

Alternate download location

post-52589-1142908342.png

Edited by Hp329

@ Hp329: Thank you for releasing this!! I've been looking for a way to dump Konfabulator as the ONLY widget I use is Widescape Weather (the version for Avedesk I didn't like; could never get it configured the way I wanted for some reason??). Anyway, your config looks great! :yes:

Thanks so much for releasing the widget, on ave/systats. Do you think a totally black version (with no transparency) could be released?

Probably not (seeing as it is supposed to go with the Lucid series). However, if you go to configure the widget and find the smoked background, you'll see the alpha level is set at 180(?). Change that to 255 and it will be darker.

thanxxx alot man for releasing ...

but i just cant get it to works , using avedesk 1.3 , in the readme file u saying put the folders in avedesk/docklets/sysstate , but i dont have a folder like this in my avedesk??

edit : okay , released thats i have to download sysState and install it..

Edited by Wildies

Nice work.

How can I change the settings to look like the above and what do I do to choose the country/city?

It's all in the README.txt file ;)

heh, looks great like i told you in the email. i just happened to "mod" the lucid background into a weather widget for gnome (on linux). been missing lucid. :p .. I was actually looking at modding some calendar widget to look like lucid, but then i decided i'd just go with modding a weather widget.

looks like this: :blush:

snapshot279pj.png

and black:

snapshot280hq.png

:) great job on your weather widget

Is there any way to make the large (Today's) weather icon and text smaller, like the future day forecastings?

Right click > Configure > Overlays > Configure Current Icon > change the scale values to whatever you want. Same method to change text, but instead of scaling, hit Select Font and play with those values.

heh, looks great like i told you in the email. i just happened to "mod" the lucid background into a weather widget for gnome (on linux). been missing lucid. :p .. I was actually looking at modding some calendar widget to look like lucid, but then i decided i'd just go with modding a weather widget.

looks like this: :blush:

snapshot279pj.png

and black:

snapshot280hq.png

:) great job on your weather widget

Thanks again, man. You know I appreciate you letting me use your skins for the background. That weather widget you made looks wonderful. Only suggestion I have is bringing the green box with the weather icon in it forward on the clear skin like you did with the box on the smoked one. Any chance on releasing it for SysStats for Windows? :whistle:

Right click > Configure > Overlays > Configure Current Icon > change the scale values to whatever you want. Same method to change text, but instead of scaling, hit Select Font and play with those values.

Thanks again, man. You know I appreciate you letting me use your skins for the background. That weather widget you made looks wonderful. Only suggestion I have is bringing the green box with the weather icon in it forward on the clear skin like you did with the box on the smoked one. Any chance on releasing it for SysStats for Windows? :whistle:

no problem. i'm glad people appreciate the skins i make. if you want, you can use the background for a modification of your own current widget :). the box in the clear version is actually on top, its just hard to see :p

I cant change it from farenhiet to degrees :blush: i double click on the temp nothing happens i looked into it i dont see a hotspot for it ... ?

Edit

Found a solution

RightClick-Configure-Meters-Weather-Configure

In the Url change the unit=s to unit=m

and instead of %s replace it with your country code found by double clicking on your weather after configuring it for the first time ..

It should be in metric now (Y)

Edited by mail

i have installed this but everytime i try to add the desklet it crashes, i have installed it to the AveDesk/Docklets/SysStats folder is this correct as im new to avedesk ? anyone got ideas

Worked perfectly, thanks!

i have installed this but everytime i try to add the desklet it crashes, i have installed it to the AveDesk/Docklets/SysStats folder is this correct as im new to avedesk ? anyone got ideas

i'm getting the same problem

I cant change it from farenhiet to degrees :blush: i double click on the temp nothing happens i looked into it i dont see a hotspot for it ... ?

Edit

Found a solution

RightClick-Configure-Meters-Weather-Configure

In the Url change the unit=s to unit=m

and instead of %s replace it with your country code found by double clicking on your weather after configuring it for the first time ..

It should be in metric now (Y)

Glad you found a solution. Just for kicks though, double check and make sure you're clicking on the actual numbers themselves. You are correct in that there is no hotspot.

Try downloading MSXML4 from Microsoft. Someone else had this problem on the Aqua-Soft boards and judge recommended doing this and it worked. You can check the thread here if you're curious: http://www.aqua-soft.org/board/showthread.php?t=33538&page=2

i'm getting the same problem

me too really , i am downloading the MSXML now and checking if this solve the problem..

hope its get solved i loved this dockelt really :yes:

edit : okay it seems the MSXML solved the problem here (Y)

Edited by Wildies

Loving it.. good work :)

but i cant get it to work for Melbourne,Australia.. I dont know what code to use for melbourne, I've entered Melbourne,Australia no space no worky.

What am i doing wrong ? :/