XP Corona arrives

QUOTE]Alexandrie has created what is (in my opinion) the most true Corona UI inspiration yet

Not really. It looks more like the Corona graphics were taken and slapped over a makeshift Luna theme. The defualt Windows "Start" button is fairly bland and ordinary, the taskbar hide icon looks fairly ordinary, and the "Logout" and "Turn off Computer" icons don't look anything like Corona. Some of the other Corona themes like Bant's look more a lot more realistic with actual Corona buttons incorporated into the GUI. This looks more like what Luna would be if it had Corona shaped windows and colors. :x

looks great!

and as far as looking like all the other corona themes, what other corona themes? THis is the first one for windowblinds, maybe not styles, but thats different now isnt it ;)

When an msstyle can handle irregularly shaped borders, let me know.

Take a closer look at the left border and bottom border and tell me again how the msstyle based corona's look more authentic with their 4 pixel all the way around borders.

There is also a nice roll up button on this and the start menu is very nice and corona like (also irregularly shaped).

Oh regarding oranged - you can make XP Corona any color you'd like. WB 3.4 and on supports smart coloring so you can just choose any color you like. (though in fairness, I had to tweak the upper right part of the title bar to make it look just right).

Maybe we can talk Alexandrie into optimizing it for coloring.

(I'm running my as grayscaled).

:right:

I nor anyone else claimed that msstyles could reproduce that same border effect. The point is if you actually bothered reading it was besides the one or two minor buttons and the colored borders, there's still a LOT of Luna there. But as usual we're treated with Frogboy's typical attitude about how Windowblinds is better then msstyles and therefore their styles must be better. :right:

Very nice work by Alexandrie...

I may have to purchase windowblinds again if i see more cool skinz like this come out for WB. However, I don't like the way the evaluation version seems to have disabled the use of msstyles. That should be fixed.

Originally posted by intensityx

Very nice work by Alexandrie...

I may have to purchase windowblinds again if i see more cool skinz like this come out for WB. However, I don't like the way the evaluation version seems to have disabled the use of msstyles. That should be fixed.

Just hold down CTRL when you go into Display Properties and you should be able to select them fine (or just unload WB by setting it to nothing, then select your styles in the Desktop tab [iIRC]).

klyde: re-read thee thread:

this looks like all the other 10milliongazillion corona themes.

I don't agree that it looks like Luna. This looks to me what Corona would look like if Microsoft made it for the entire OS rather than media player. YMMV.

Ah another useless Luna is better then windowsblinds thread, no it's not, yes it is, no it's....................I just love these.

I'm glad there is choice and I concede that Windowsblinds is slowly improving but I still can't find windowsblinds themes that I can actually use.

Not to many Visual styles are great for everyday use either, oh well nice to look at at least.

the latest windowsblinds runs SMOOOOOOTh as anything, can't even feel a difference between using msstyles and wb skins, this corona skin looks tight! but i'm just not a fan of purple :s

i totally agree. Ive had lots of lil problems and quirks with window blinds back in the 98 days, but this new XP edition, espically 3.41 is just sweet. Its fast, its smooth, error free (for me) and its perdy :D

That is odd. Are you running with large fonts? (i.e. what DPI in display property settings does it say you're using? Standard is 96DPI).

hmm ive never had that problem either with 3.41 and XP Corona, but i never use that awfull blue panel in explorer windows which you can make it look like classic style option in 3.41

but i never use those panels anyway :o

KICK_XP, you could see if that fixes it in WBConfig in settings untick Use Windows XP style explorer bars

it is very sweet skin i just love how the taskbar and start panel is shaped

plus looking forward to when alexandrie makes title bar smaller, well option for smaller title bar border skin anyway

tss_corona.jpg