Windows Live Messenger Out 16th June 06!

Windows Live Messenger will be made available to the public in 8 days, Friday 16th June 2006. The successor to MSN Messenger 7.5, Windows Live Messenger is the first edition of the MSN Messenger brand to be released under the new 'Windows Live' moniker.

Windows Live represents Microsoft's biggest push into the Software-as-a-Service market, Windows Live Messenger is the first software package to be released out of Beta in the Windows Live range, Windows Live Search (Desktop), Windows Live Mail Desktop and Windows Live Toolbar are expected to follow this year.

Source http://bink.nu/Article7361.bink

So they're sticking with that fugly interface that doesn't fit in with any version of Windows whatsoever?

I htink they will keep the same UI as in the last beta version

So they're sticking with that fugly interface that doesn't fit in with any version of Windows whatsoever?

I believe they do. Oh well, Trillian Astra is in the works. :laugh:

Never liked the beta.. just looks like a kid did it :p I will give it ago, maybe it grow on me :D

MSN/Windows Live Messenger hasn't resembled any version of Windows since 5.0. At least they've dumbed down on the clutter in the conversation windows (though that carousel or whatever in the main window is just useless IMO).

I don't think it's going to be released then, or I should say I don't think that they'll be releasing a build with Yahoo interoperability. If you go to the messengersays blog, you'll see that alot more testing has to be done on the interoperability before it's ready.

Im still missing an feature. On the old 7.x you could see everyone's DP in your contact window. But its gone! Snif

But...you can?

I htink they will keep the same UI as in the last beta version

Indeed it'll be the same UI as the current 689_branches build.

Im still missing an feature. On the old 7.x you could see everyone's DP in your contact window. But its gone! Snif

You can, in the contact list you can click the green double sided arrows and choose show details.

w00t, 8 more days till MSN Plus! :D

It's Messenger Plus! Live and I doubt Patchou will release it on the same exact day WLM is released.

Good :D I've been looking forward for the Yahoo-MSN integration, Can't wait to talk to my MSN friends on Yahoo Messenger :D

Good :D I've been looking forward for the Yahoo-MSN integration, Can't wait to talk to my MSN friends on Yahoo Messenger :D

They're adding the Yahoo! Messenger interoperability into Windows Live Messenger for you to keep in touch with your Yahoo! Messenger friends via Windows Live Messenger, I don't know if Yahoo! is planning on adding the interoperability to add support for you to keep in touch with your Windows Live Messenger contacts via Yahoo! Messenger or not.

They're adding the Yahoo! Messenger interoperability into Windows Live Messenger for you to keep in touch with your Yahoo! Messenger friends via Windows Live Messenger, I don't know if Yahoo! is planning on adding the interoperability to add support for you to keep in touch with your Windows Live Messenger contacts via Yahoo! Messenger or not.

Didn't know ... Just though they were going to do the same thing, thanks for clearing things up.

Mind explaining how Yahoo! users will reply to the WLM users?

;)