Forceware 91.31 WHQL released

Just noticed that the 91.31 drivers have now gone WHQL.

I don't know if these drivers have the new control panel as I have not installed them yet, but the download is pretty big (40.3Mb).

:Edit: Confirmed in the release notes - the new control panel is included with these drivers.

Download them from here:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_91.31.html

Release Highlights:

* WHQL Certified

* Adds support for GeForce 7950 GX2.

* Includes the new NVIDIA Control Panel. Please visit the NVIDIA Control Panel website for more information.

* New NVIDIA PureVideo features and enhancements. Please visit the NVIDIA PureVideo website for more information on PureVideo technology and system requirements.

o Adds noise reduction post processing

o Adds image sharpening post processing

o Improved Inverse telecine algorithm

o Improved de-interlacing algorithm

o Improved compatibility with third party MPEG-2 decoders

* Microsoft? DirectX? 9.0c and OpenGL? 2.0 support

Cool.. thanks for the heads up. Anyone have any idea why the file size is doubled from the old ones?

The drivers have a new Control Panel.

The new control panel is nice and could be great except it really feels poorly laid out. A few things they did right over ATi's implementation:

- doesn't add an obnoxiously long menu entry to desktop context menu (w/ icon)

- doesn't run in separate process until opened up

not a huge fan of the new control panel but it's easier to see everything now --- especially on a larger screen.

one issue i am seeing with the new drivers is that if you go into the control panel and indicate that you don't want the NV icon in the system tray, after you exit, it comes back after 5-10 seconds.

also --- was there always an "nvsvc32.exe" that ran with the 8x.xx series drivers?? i can't recall.

not a huge fan of the new control panel but it's easier to see everything now --- especially on a larger screen.

one issue i am seeing with the new drivers is that if you go into the control panel and indicate that you don't want the NV icon in the system tray, after you exit, it comes back after 5-10 seconds.

also --- was there always an "nvsvc32.exe" that ran with the 8x.xx series drivers?? i can't recall.

1. I have the same issue with the tray icon

2. I'm pretty sure there was. The name looks very familiar and I don't have an increase in processes running at startup (was 32 before, still 32 now).

there is always an "nvsvc32.exe" that ran with the 8x.xx series drivers. This process is needed at startup if you use the overclocking utility included in the driver.

Anyone else notice:

1) Site says English download is only 21MB and it downloads at 40.3MB

2) The download says 'MCE' in it, which prior to this version as I recall they had their own drivers.

Leaves me asking 3 questions:

1) Did they botch the size of the download on the XP-2K page

2) Did they botch the link on the XP-2K page, directing it to the MCE driver instead of the XP-2K driver

3) Did they combine the 3 OS's for this driver release and not tell anyone

Anyone else notice:

1) Site says English download is only 21MB and it downloads at 40.3MB

2) The download says 'MCE' in it, which prior to this version as I recall they had their own drivers.

Leaves me asking 3 questions:

1) Did they botch the size of the download on the XP-2K page

2) Did they botch the link on the XP-2K page, directing it to the MCE driver instead of the XP-2K driver

3) Did they combine the 3 OS's for this driver release and not tell anyone

1. Yes, I find that weird as well :blink:

I've noticed a framerate drop in Day of Defeat: Source.

How big? :huh:

1. Yes, I find that weird as well :blink:

How big? :huh:

In some areas, I'm noticing 10 - 15 fps loss. I can tell because I have cl_showfps on and it turns yellow more than it ever did before.

They seem ok.

On one map in quake 3 (running as a server), i get weird stuff and the users get it as well. Is strange. Never hapened before.

Anyway they seem ok

FEAR and Quake IV they nice in.

A quick question, I installed the new drivers after uninstalling the old ones but I also removed the GART Drivers (global address remapping table) I know that there are two types of GART Drivers PCIGART and AGPGART! The only reference to this on Nvidia's site are old Unified Drivers! Is this a big problem or nothing to worry about? I have a ASUS A8N-SLI Premium Motherboard with a 6600GT PCI Express Graphics Card.