Be Sure 2 activate Vista Beta 2

InVista Team Blog

(http://blogs.technet.com/windowsvista/default.aspx) its written in topic

(BE SURE 2 Active Windows Vista Beta 2) that if we will not activate Beta 2

.microsoft will be unable 2 send us RC1. i have activated 1 vista beta 2

product key which i downloaded not ordered .the 2 dvd kits which i've ordered

are packed. SO WILL I GET RC1 . bcz i havent activated product key in beta 2

dvd kits i got

Apparently you do need to activate your beta 2 CPP key in order to be guaranteed access to RC1. However, I believe that there will be limited access for those who have not activated beta 2 or who didn't sign up to receive beta 2. I speak for Microsoft and therefore the people.

Edited by WhizzKid

lissen lissen dont tell me how to learn ?!....i was just asking sum questions too ~.thts y i mixed sum info with question which is leading u ppl in2 problem...

now let me clear it..

recently i went 2 windows vista Team blog site as mentioned above..over there found a topic name 'Be Sure to activate Vista beta 2' in which i came 2 know that Microsoft said to CPP participants that if we will not activate the product keys which we got through downloads and dvd kits ..we will not get RC1 dvd kits n RC1 download links

its must for us 2 activate all the product keys which we got.

then i asked a question but i got ma answer through vista newsgroup.

let me give u more inof for those who have got more than 1 product keys (LIKE ME) and dont know

how 2 activate them at a time

i have a way in which u can activate more than 1 product keys without reinstalling and then activating

1-in system properties dialog from where u activated ur product key JUST CLICK ON CHANGE PRODUCT KEY, enter your other product key and activate it.

(DOES IT STILL SHOW U TO MAKE ME LEARN HOW 2 TYPE) :)

Neowin is like a giant married couple. Everyone's always bickering and nagging.

Thanks for the info, Muhammad Umer. I'm going to have to reinstall and activate, because when I installed it last month, I never activated. At least I don't think I did. How is microsoft going to know if you activated it? Is the product key native to your Passport account?

Neowin is like a giant married couple. Everyone's always bickering and nagging.

Thanks for the info, Muhammad Umer. I'm going to have to reinstall and activate, because when I installed it last month, I never activated. At least I don't think I did. How is microsoft going to know if you activated it? Is the product key native to your Passport account?

Your Welcome!.

what i still got Microsoft is giving specific product keys to specific customers.....keeping records of participants..and when the customers are activating their specific product key ...they are enrolling them for RC1 download link or DVD kit.

and 'bcz,thts, y , sum...' means you totally lack portraying the information!

it depends on person!....some people like McG found the information clear and helpful.

and some like you >. still not get it when i clear it in my second post..and still busy

in criticizing ..wasting time!. GETTING NOTHING.so dont tell me if i am totally lacked

in portraying the information. :)

Wow, talk about a bunch of people taking a thread off course. Get a grip. If you don't like the way people type then don't reply. There is no need to make fun of it, get annoyed and so on just because of a thread online.

Thread Cleaned

What's so hard to understand?

It's only normal for a company to try to control the quantity of distribution of their beta products due to quality concerns. Since Microsoft had already made it clear that they'd released more Beta 2 copies/keys than they'd planned, it only makes sense now for them to try to control the size of the Beta population.

By the time RC1 releases, there will likely be a fresh database of valid keys and a number of new keys to be released. Imagine if you've used your key to activate and it returns a value of "1" when they check for key activeness, it'll move into the new database; On the contrary, "0" will be dropped. An e-mail notification of RC availability will then be sent to all of the passport addresses associated with the surviving keys...

Fairly logical and simple procedures and should be without any controversy.