Firefox 2.0 Beta 1 (Nightly) New Icons

um no its not, its only new icons on the mainbar, there are dozens upon dozens to me landed still, background color to be done, tabs ui to be redone, and lots and lots more. its not where near done. and its a nightly that has this not a beta!

EDIT: wow wth happend with all the posting?

Title is misleading... :hmmm:

No its not. Firefox 2.0 Beta (Codename Bon Echo) debuts the new visual refresh Mozilla said was going to come. How is it misleading? No where does it imply the final 2.0 version is out.

Gavin, visual refresh means they've 'refreshed the visuals' i.e. the interface, icons etc. :)

Just wonderin! Wats Visual Refresh? :blush:

The folks at Mozilla are planning to upgrade the look and feel of the browser. The beta that was just released (and pictured in the first post) has some of the new elements installed. Notice how the buttons and other graphical elements look slightly different.

Its a nightly where the only the mainbar icons were landed and nothing else a few hours a ago. Beta 2 will debut the new theme. This is only a nightly with a few icons redone, not the whole theme.

Someone please change the title to say Firefox nightly debuts new navigational buttons...or something very similar to that...because thats all that has changed!

Someone please change the title to say Firefox nightly debuts new navigational buttons...or something very similar to that...because thats all that has changed!

Ditto. Sorry I forgot to mention it in the title. Added it into the main post in bold though.

Ditto. Sorry I forgot to mention it in the title. Added it into the main post in bold though.

much better, I just hate to see bugzilla spammed with thousands of duplicate bugs (because i'm also a triager) because all these sites post misleading stories saying a new beta (or theme) is out, when it fact its only a nightly with a few new icons that aren't even official that they are going to stay yet.

I'm using a different visual style on my computer, and the UI elements don't match up properly with this new Firefox theme. For example, the "Go" button doesn't line up with the address bar on my computer, whereas it does in the screenshot on the first page.

I also prefer the original icons. The new ones look...odd. But of course, this is just my opinion.

I'm using a different visual style on my computer, and the UI elements don't match up properly with this new Firefox theme. For example, the "Go" button doesn't line up with the address bar on my computer, whereas it does in the screenshot on the first page.

I also prefer the original icons. The new ones look...odd. But of course, this is just my opinion.

thats because only a few icons were landed and no css changes at all yet. there are dozens of bugs already filed for mis positioning, no hover effects, faded icons, cut off icons, swapped icons and other things. once other patches landed for the visual theme, it will look much better...trust me!

EDIT: This is ALL that has landed so far and there are dozens of other bugs with patches that need landed. Bug 345466

Here is the meta bug for the whole visual refresh Bug 328065 See the depencies, there are about 20 of them.

Edited by supernova_00

The trend to make everything glossy has got to end, eventually. I hope.

I agree. All the gloss really hurts my eyes after a while. I still wish Qute was the default theme in Firefox, it goes perfectly with the Firefox icon. This new theme doesn't match the icon at all.

I think it would have been better to simply have released the new style all at once. It doesn't look too good right now with the new icons and the old layout.

I think it would have been better to simply have released the new style all at once. It doesn't look too good right now with the new icons and the old layout.

umm thats the plan, this is only a nightly that happened to have the landed new icons in at the time and some stupid sites decide to run with it as a new release and as if its a complete visual stlye.

I bet tomorrow and tuesday sites will run another story saying a another new version with a new theme is out just because its more polished.