Touchscreen iPod coming in November

Apple's upcoming iPod will make its debut this November and will definitely feature a touchscreen, Gizmodo has learned. Let's just say that we have a couple of people fairly high up the Apple food chain who have made it known that the iPod's touchscreen is truly the bee's knees. Apple is also apparently working its tail off to make sure that the planned November launch of the new iPod will still happen.

Our super secret sources didn't reveal any information regarding the iPod's rumored wireless capabilities, however.

Oh, and those pictures? Those were supplied by a fine reader of ours, Samuel Mularczyk. Supposedly, they were found on Apple's Web site. Granted, they pictures do read "iPhone," but no one ever said that the iPod and iPhone won't be one in the same, right? (But yes, it could just be another silly mock up.) – Nicholas Deleon

Source: Gizmondo

if its a touch screen how do you use it if your eating KFC? The screen will get all gross.

if its a non touch screen then you have issues of it in your pocket (the most logical place for such a player) since controlling it would be quite hard.

I think some physical inputs wise, but I'll wait to see the final design before judging.

Our super secret sources
well my super wooper dooper sources said their super sauces suck. Edited by Smigit

I think the touchscreen should be the iTouch or something. I'd like it, but it's a bit too fancy for an mp3 player.

Our super secret sources

:| ...

if its a touch screen how do you use it if your eating KFC? The screen will get all gross.

Do you have the need to eat 'rat'-drumsticks while scrolling through your $300+ mp3 player?

I think your greasy fingers can wait before they touch that screen.

I don't like this touch screen idea. For one, it's going to get scratched to hell even more so than the prevous iPods.

My iPod left it's case maybe 3 times since i've owned it and still has a couple screen scratches here and there.

Two, the cases themselves are going to suck. Your going to either have to take it off, or tap the hell outta the screen to get the desired result. Unless they develop i-condoms with a skin protective enough to stop scratches, but light and thin enough to use the touchpad. Battery life will be aweful too.

Three, im waiting until near christmas to see all the cards laid out. I want to see what Microsoft has to offer with the Zune, I want to see this new iPod if it does infact come out around this time period, And I want to see anything new from Creative and size them all up.

Man good thing microsoft didnt put this in the Zune, becuase that would probably be the worst idea every right, but since apple is doing this its going to be the most amazing thing since the last product apple put out.

UPDATE: Oh, vanity, thy name is fake iPhone picture! Ok, so we're pretty darn sure the above picture is as fake as fake can be. How do we know? Well, the Darth Vader artwork was actually done by another reader, Kreg Steppe, some time ago. We'll work on getting better sources for pictures next.

Why don't people stop this BS and wait for REAL sources to release the information.

But rumours and speculation are fun! I don't think anybody is disputing the fact that this is complete and utter BS, but we can at least have a little fun with it. Plus, our ranting and raving about features we want might actually catch Apple's ear.

But rumours and speculation are fun! I don't think anybody is disputing the fact that this is complete and utter BS, but we can at least have a little fun with it. Plus, our ranting and raving about features we want might actually catch Apple's ear.

Yes I agree totally, but we don't need more 2 days more WWDC. I love looking at what people think the new iPod, Playstation, etc. will look like, but when people make up crap like "Super secret sources" and "This was found somewhere on the website"; when the freaking picture has a DS Lite stylus.

You get what I mean? I hope so, I don't want to start some big thing. :whistle:

They need to stop working on the less important features such as "touchscreen" and etc...and work on IMPROVING the battery life. :rolleyes: