Windows Live Writer

Here is a quote from www.msgworld.net, they have a exlcusive about the newest Windows Live product.

This isn't a Messenger-Releated news topic, but a exclusive one. :)

Microsoft, will be reaviling a new Windows Live product this Monday (August 14, 2006). This new product will be called Windows Live Writer. This new product from Microsoft will allow a user to write documents/blog postings from a downloadable application called Windows Live Writer and post them to a blog (other than Windows Live Spaces). Right know, we have no other known features, except Spell Check, of this product untill Monday the 14th.

Beau Giles creator of Inside-Live.com is the only known person (that we know) that has this new software from Microsoft. He gave me a few hints, but was not the person that I found out it was Windows Live Writer from. He also gave me a screenshot, but I don't know if it is the real thing:

[align=center]splchksz0.png[/align]

It looks like *mabye* a screenshot from early builds of Windows Live Mail Desktop. When we get any more news from/about Windows Live Writer, we'll let you know. That is all we have now.

Windows Live Writer, from Microsoft, hasn't been confirmed by them yet. Beau Giles has/did not given away the name of this product, but someone else did. Microsoft, don't blame Beau :p

Interesting. It's possible it's from a Mail Desktop build, but it could also be from "Writer". Although, looking at that list of Live services that's posted a few topics down, Writer isn't in there, but nothing else looks like it could suit. (then again, we have to remember that's not a final list of all products. It's probably missing things).

What about that second icon?

Sounds good, but I want to see something before I use it. But its from MS so it should be good.

This new product from Microsoft will allow a user to write documents/blog postings from a downloadable application called Windows Live Writer and post them to a blog (other than Windows Live Spaces).

It sounds interesting.

That's one big screenshot! And the only thing I use that close to a blog is LiveJournal. I doubt it would be compatible with that, despite there being stand-alone software for it.

If it can post to Wordpress, I might use it.

You can. :)

If this hasn't been answered before, and if people are wondering, there is no WGA at all in the MSI or in the software itself.

Has there ever been WGA on a Live product?