ATI Vista RTM drivers available

Currently the ATI drivers for RC2 are just not cutting it. And Im having loads of problems. After checking out the download page for RC1 drivers, I noticed this message which was updated 2 days ago.

Please Note:

This driver release is not meant to be installed on Windows Vista RC2. The in the box RC2 drivers are more current than the ones posted for RC1. We will be posting a RC2 driver shortly.

*Title edited because they now have made them.

Download

Edited by SwitchBlade

ya the RC1 drivers work fine in Aero but thats about it, try playing games with them on my 1600xt and its so buggy its unreal.

The built in RC2 ones do work nicely however. But I'd be nice to get some decent ATi ones installed

i've been gaming with the rc1 drivers on vista rc2. and they work no problem.... gta:sa, hl2, pro evo 5, flatout2, call of duty 2 run just as well as they did in xp. still looking forward to some new ones from ati though. :yes:

maybe it's because i have an older card it works ok? (x800pro@xt)

The problem I'm having is the RC1 drives on RC2 cause really bad flickering in 3D apps. Also, the first time I installed them I got a BSOD.

Strange.

I'm running an x1900xtx PCIe.

"The problem I'm having is the RC1 drives on RC2 cause really bad flickering in 3D apps. Also, the first time I installed them I got a BSOD."

As the first post pointed out ATi has stated that the RC1 driver is NOT to be used on RC2, ergo your problem.

:|

Some people are having issues and others are not, is because some people ae running opengl apps, and some aren't. there are no OpenGL ICD in the rc1 drivers, so vista defaults to its OpenGL Cr@p Wrapper. I hope ATI hurries and gets some opengl drivers soon to us.

Dammmmmit! Could any of the native English speakers explain how wide the time range you generally define by "shortly" can be?

It's been like three weeks since they posted that notice!

Once again, ATI comes through with their FANTASTIC driver support!!

Oh wait....

What?! This is the first release of a BETA driver for a BETA OS. What do you expect? And am I correct in thinking that ATI have been releasing drivers every month for years now, or did I just imagine it.

What?! This is the first release of a BETA driver for a BETA OS. What do you expect? And am I correct in thinking that ATI have been releasing drivers every month for years now, or did I just imagine it.

Well, if you ask me, then I'll say that I expect support, which isn't worse, to wish for the least, than support of a competitor (afaik, they issued the RC2 driver quite a while ago). You really say you didn't expect this reaction from the owners of ATI cards?

I already started thinking that my decision to get rid of my NVIDIA card was a bad choice :angry:

Chill out guys. ATI has gotten drivers out for most builds of Vista rather quickly, however this time they've been a little busy. I'm sure it's been a little hectic at AMD/ATI recently, so give them a little break. At this point they may not do RC2 drivers, but I'm sure they will have Vista drivers up and ready to go in plenty of time for the final version.