Windows Cannot copy files Required

There is an error that is appeared for the first time for me :no: when i try to install vista RTM

i installed alot of old vista versions like beta 2 rc1 rc2 and Vista Build 5536

and never see this message :no:

this is the first time to see this message

i don't think the first time to see this message will be with the final version :o

i use virtual Cd to set up Vista RTM as i don't have DVD writer

is there any solution to this problem

can i force vista RTM to setup

or i will never be able to use vista

:no:

I got the error 0x80070241 after copying files(about 49%).

post-79670-1163687203_thumb.jpg

Sounds like there's a problem with the image and it cant read from that file.

Alternatively burn it to dvd (Buy a burner they are cheap as chips these days or get a friend todo it) and install it properly.

All questions no solutions!!

I'm running x2 S-ATA II 250Gb 16Mb hdd's and had the same problem. Firstly tried to install in RAID 0 config - but that didn't work. Then in normal S-ATA mode, and that didn't work either.

So then after a while I figured out that for some reason when you format a partition smaller than the drive size, you get this message!! So I tried and it worked - when you see you hdd in raw format, just click next and Vista will do the rest.

Finally it installed without any hassles!!

Hope this helps!

SpookQwar

Try this, im in process myself. Found it in russian, translated best i could but the last bit doesnt make sense to me, about copying files.....:

Attention! Editorial staff did not verify information method, so that each using it, makes this at one's own risk! The discussion will deal with the error "An error occurred while copying Setup files onto your local machine. Error code is [ 80070241 ] ", that indicates" during the copying it is file to your machine it occurred the error... " We will attempt to solve this problem, without the repeated running off or the purchase of distributiva. By you two programs will be necessary for this. This Win32Dasm 10 and WinHex 11.8. It can be, other versions also approach, but the author removed trouble precisely by them. It is first necessary to copy all files from the adjusting disk to the hard disk. As an example, the files were copied into the folder of /.Vista. You should open file winsetup.dll (/Vista/sources/winsetup.dll) by application Win32Dasm (process of discovery it can engage prolonged time). After discovery, pass to the search (Search Find Text or simply press F3). In afterward search introduce "while copying Setup files" and switch over to the obtained line (this line only one in the code). Now you should begin to move in the lines upward, until you find the following text: "JNE 448797B4". Possibly, numbers will be different, but command "JNE" (or JE) compulsorily must be in other words, you must prove to be on the proximity of the following text: Code: Cmp DWORD Ptr... jne... push.. push.. call.. push.. Now produce dual flick in line jne in order to isolate it. After isolation, on the line of state; there you must find the following: "@Offset 00068D07h" (number they can be others). Write down this line, after discarding @Offset in the beginning the last letter h. Further pass in WinHex and open the same winsetup.dll. The collection of the numbers and symbols will appear before you. Press Alt+.G (or pass in menu Position Goto offset). There you must introduce the number (in my case this 0068D07) recorded by you. After pressure ok, you will see the following line: Code: 00068D00 01 00 00 00 39 75 F8 0F 85 A7 00 00 00 56 56 ff If in this line you have number 85, then you will replace it to 84. If you have by 84, you must change it for 85. Then you will preserve changes in the file. After the completion of these actions, you will neglect installation (/Vista/Sources/setup.exe) and wait, until the first stage appears. Further, anything touching in the installation, pass in conductor (pushing of knob start on the keyboard and the selection of conductor), and then into the root of disk C: =, where two folders were created. In one of them there is podpapka sources, where you should copy files boot.wim, and install.wim. After copying you can continue installation. Author: udman_.xakep

Let me guess... BillGates iso? Yeah, that version breaks when it is copying file at 49%. Not saying that it's impossible for legit versions to break at that exact position; just very improbable. ;)

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I have the same problem when installing and now i am trying the way is written here.But i have one problem i can't find the programs required.Can somebody write an adress from where i can get the program. (sorry for the bad english) .

Pleaseee

• 2 weeks later...
Hello,

I have the same problem when installing and now i am trying the way is written here.But i have one problem i can't find the programs required.Can somebody write an adress from where i can get the program. (sorry for the bad english) .

Pleaseee

Email me MicaiahMorris@gmail.com

I have the software, or if you don't want to email me go to shareminer.com and search for winhex and go to google.com and search for win32dasm. Can somone post a hacked dll on rapidshare?