Ad issues go here

WTF? no it hasnt been hacked its proberly your PC.

NO. It's not my PC. The malicious attempt is came from a banner published in the neowin forum!

I was browsing the Neowin forum and my browser has been automatically redirected to that site and it tried to install that spyware.

Edited by franzon

So you clicked on a banner and it gave you a bad page?

In that case, it could be some bad advertiser, and then I guess it would help if you knew which kind of company that served you this were or what the banner said.

Also note that some spyware replace legit banners with their own.

how do you know it came from that page. probably your computer is already infected and the spyware is throwing popups.

NO. My computer is cleaned. I always browse internet with a standard account. And I've antivirus and antispyware.

I'm pretty sure there's a dangerous banner on your forums that executes a script or page redirection without user interaction !!! Please check your banners!!!

He's trying to help you all.

Why are you all having trying to have a go??

He obviously put it in caps as this could be a serious matter and wants it stood out for the Mods to see.

Not happening here on IE or Firefox and not for anyone else. I'd format your PC if it's still doing it because you've obviously got spyware.

Renamed thread from WARNING: NEOWIN.NET forum HACKED? and moved from Windows Vista Support (?!).

for sure it's your PC...

NO IT'S NOT MY PC. PLEASE I WARNED YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU HAVE TO LISTEN ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why you renamed the title of this topic? (<snipped> Who are you to decide and change the title of my topic???!!!) It was NOT a pop-up, but the page has been redirected!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Chris Allen

I can confirm that in Firefox, When I clicked the comments from a news item, I was redirected to a URL from systemdoctor.com domain that just had some random Javascript code that didn't do anything. It looked like they were attempting an IE exploit.

Edited by Quick Reply

My apologies OP. Its just done it to me aswell.

Firefox 2.0. Clicked news item, and it went straight to the above site.

NO IT'S NOT MY PC. PLEASE I WARNED YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU HAVE TO LISTEN ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why you renamed the title of this topic? (<snipped>!!! Who are you to decide and change the title of my topic???!!!) It was NOT a pop-up, but the page has been redirected!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, you sure are getting upset about this!! I am sure the offending ads will be removed! The person that changes the thread heading is a moderator as far as I know!

I forgot to add:

Behavior:SystemDoctor is a Security Risk that may give exaggerated reports of threats on the computer. The program then prompts the user to purchase a registered version of the software in order to remove the reported threats.

Transmission:This program can be manually installed. It appears that you have to install the app, it does not install on it's own!

Edited by Chris Allen