Aurora and Bliss

I thought I would get this new section started, I take no credit for creating these I?ve just hosted them for people to download.

Aurora

This was sent to me by a friend, I believe it was created by aeroxp.org

aurora.jpg

Bliss

This is from the Windows XP Bliss Screensaver by Microsoft, I converted it to a wmv file so it can be used in DreamScene.

bliss.jpg

I hope to see some more animated wallpapers posted here!

Enjoy!:D:D

Edited by InsaneNutter

nice. i heard there was a way we can use these in xp. let me go pull up the thread in Neowin. if someone can beat me to it go ahead.

edit: so.....u got a place where we can get these? :)

nice. i heard there was a way we can use these in xp. let me go pull up the thread in Neowin. if someone can beat me to it go ahead.

edit: so.....u got a place where we can get these? :)

http://www.istartedsomething.com/20061004/...desktop-aurora/

This will let you use a screensaver as a desktop background, you carnt see the desktop icons with this though. It works in XP and Vista :)

The video files here wornt work with it though you need Vista Ultimate with the DremeScene extra for thise!

Would of been useful if you linked those :) Anyway... http://insanenutter.seifer402.com/misc/dreamscene/ ;)

Thaught i had lol, links work ok now! :D

Edited by InsaneNutter

Don't even need this thread...yet.. :D

(unless someone got a leak somewhere)

sssshhhh!!!

<url snipped> this ain't the place, bud

;)

Edited by John S.

If DreamScene is as good as it sounds, maybe one of these WMV HD sample clips will work as animated wallpaper?

One of the long 1080p ones actually kept crashing explorer for me. Ended up having to use a file browse window I opened from Task Manager to delete the video and stop it from getting applied. So there are limits, probably mostly on filesize :p

The WMV HD 1080p downloads of "Speed" and "Robotica" play fairly well on my now-average-performance system (which, suprisingly was graded at 4.3 on the Vista performance index):

Vista Ultimate RTM

AMD Athlon 64 4000+ (Clawhammer) - Stock clocking & FSB

DFI LanParty UT nF4 SLI-D

(2) OCZ 512MB PC3200

eVGA GeForce 6800 GT-I

Sceptre X9WG NAGA-V 19" Widescreen (16:9, 1440x900)

--ScottKin

here is one i found :)

Thats the video that comes with DremeScene except its been encoded to WMV

I personnaly think that DreamScene is just fish bait to make pc users buy Vista ultimate cause I also think that Vista is not "rush to the doors" os to get, as MS would think that people will buy blinded eyes. Everyone I know will try Vista as "the upgrade that you get FREE when you buy a new PC". They are just not ready to quit using XP.

is that the racoon one?

Yup, it will ship with more but thats the only one included atm.

http://www.istartedsomething.com/20061004/...desktop-aurora/

This will let you use a screensaver as a desktop background, you carnt see the desktop icons with this though. It works in XP and Vista :)

The video files here wornt work with it though you need Vista Ultimate with the DremeScene extra for thise!

Thaught i had lol, links work ok now! :D

Animatated Desktop for Vista And Xp it makes

screensavers into moving wallpapers

(covers icons tho) :whistle:

http://www.mediafire.com/?14ugmg2ttki

Edited by MvT Cracker

The MAC one here and all of those other ICON hiders have NOTHING on DreamScene. That's for sure.

You'll see.

DreamScene is a masterpiece.

Am!no