Possible virus website concerning Internet Explorer Beta 2

I have just received an email from what it looks like a microsoft email address called admin@microsoft.com.

All the email contains is a Is a pcitures that says download now, beta 2, Windows Inetnet Explorer 7. When your click on the picture is opens a download dialogue to download the file.

Can anyone confirm that this email address is legit or fake?

I know Windows Internet Explorer 7 has been final for a while but this email came today.

post-149938-1175196667.jpg

Does your mail client/web based email warn of it not being a verified address? Is the download link from a microsoft.com address?

Its a bit strange there sending out beta 2 links when as you say, its final.

I am using Windows Live Mail Desktop, but i am thinking that because it has been designed to recognise Micosoft email addresses.

Have a look at my email.

post-149938-1175197457_thumb.jpg

Right click on the message and click properties and go to the detals tab. See if there are any fishy addresses in the received and from spots.

can't right click to select properties isn't there but i left clicked on it and this appeared.

http://www.hostcentric.com/templates/light...=hoc.jaybelotti

I did a search on Google for Jay Belotti and it appears he is a spam activist.

I meant right click on the message in the left side where it shows the subjects of all your messages, but it looks like you already have your answer.

As a Microsoft partner, I just checked and have never had emails from an address as such as "admin@microsoft.com". Would their network administrator really be the account sending such mails?

LOL go to the site

This site has been suspended

check the mail headers... probably never went near microsoft servers.

I managed to find out where the email originiated from and it has been shut down, read my previous post here and find out