Mozilla Thunderbird 2.0 out

Installed it on my Mac. Works perfectly! Very happy with this new version, looks the goods too!

Same here. 2.0 puts 1.5 to shame in the looks department. :yes:

Has Thunderbird 2 finally fixed the major bug of POP servers timing out when trying to send mail? Everytime I try to send a message from my GMail inbox via Thunderbird, it times out and never sends.

Has Thunderbird 2 finally fixed the major bug of POP servers timing out when trying to send mail? Everytime I try to send a message from my GMail inbox via Thunderbird, it times out and never sends.

Can't say that I've ever had this issue and I have two Gmail accounts.

Radish?

Can't say that I've ever had this issue and I have two Gmail accounts.

Radish™

Hmm... That's weird. I've never had a problem with my IMAP accounts, only POP accounts. (And yes, my GMail settings were correct.)

It still has the problem of downloading multiple copies of the same RSS feed items. I'm not sure if its because its on my laptop and I'm moving between home and my university (one has a proxy server, one doesn't), but it's still there and it's still as annoying as ever x)

I installed it earlier and been using it, can't right click name and check mail though, maybe you can, just can't find out how to currently.

they need to improve GUI for tbird. maybe a Gtk port or something cause the current one looks more like browser and can look ugly if you are used to Evolution like i am . I am big fan of mozilla but cant seem to convert myself and use t.bird.

I've been having a bug where clicking the Get Mail button does nothing... I have to use the dropdown arrow next to it and select Get All New Messages to check for new mail.

I get the feeling that Thunderbird is Firefox's poor cousin, in that it doesnt recieve anything like the same attention.

As such, I prefer to stick to Windows Mail, as there seem to be far less bugs with that, and my antivirus has a plugin for it.

someone needs to do something (extension or anything else) to block yahoo group garbage from displaying in thunderbird. Or maybe a way to see eails in html or txt only format that would not have the ads/junk part.

That is how thebat works and the only reason why I still use it as I'm a big yahoo groups user.

Beside that, thunderbird is a wonderful piece of software!

Seems much the same as Thunderbird 1.5 apart from the UI. The UI seems somewhat "brighter/lighter" than before.

My only complaint would be that they have changed the junk mail icon. They did the same with the padlock icon in Firefox. I don't get it. Why change an icon everyone (techy or not) recognises and instantly knows the meaning of?