Transparent, see through, blurred, GLASS in VISTA BASIC!

I was loading up the theme "Aero MaX Dark Live Vista " by :DucTien at Deviantart:http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/53522768/

Look Here... http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/53954087/

vsh1.jpg

Notice how the top and bottom of the media player window is transparent. but the Normalized explorer window is not. what can I do to make this work NON-Maximized. ??? Please help here I am a noobie.

I would also like to know what I use to edit .msstyle files?

Thanx,

Jon West aka Electrik Jesus

Edited by Electrik Jesus

huh... what tell you that it's Vista Basic?

And transparency is made by DWM, you can't do anything transparent without it.

"huh... what tell you that it's Vista Basic?" the Screenshot is my computer. and I am running Vista Home Basic. but on the maximized glass themes. it somehow enables the "Glass effect" . but only on maximized themes. All I want to know is how to edit the theme so that the background layer that is put behind the windowframe is ignored like in the maximized state.

I Don't know what is wrong with the message I am trying to convey here.

I Use Vista Home Basic.

I loaded a theme in Vista Basic that adds transperency to an OS that does not support it. "Glass" is a feature of Vista Premuim and Ultimate. Not BASIC.

So I posted about my find. I even included a screenshot.

And you just don't get what I am saying.....

I want to find out how to change the theme so that the parts of code that were left out that made the WindowBorders transparent when maximized, also do so when the window is not maximized. so that transparency works in Vista Basic.

I Don't know what is wrong with the message I am trying to convey here.

I Use Vista Home Basic.

I loaded a theme in Vista Basic that adds transperency to an OS that does not support it. "Glass" is a feature of Vista Premuim and Ultimate. Not BASIC.

So I posted about my find. I even included a screenshot.

And you just don't get what I am saying.....

I want to find out how to change the theme so that the parts of code that were left out that made the WindowBorders transparent when maximized, also do so when the window is not maximized. so that transparency works in Vista Basic.

Nice find, ingnore the comment about your english.

By that, you're actually infringing the company's rights and nullifying limitations set by the company to differentiate the different versions of Windows, and that's unethical and wrong isn't it?

PS: Not that I support MS, on the contrary.

Sooooo... you get glass without DWM :dontgetit:

I can't even make the theme to run on my system... :/

By that, you're actually infringing the company's rights and nullifying limitations set by the company to differentiate the different versions of Windows, and that's unethical and wrong isn't it?
You can get "Transparency" in XP with Windowblinds 5...

Hacking the Uxtheme should be in theory illegal but Neowin support it (hey there a patcher for XP "Neowin Edition")

Unless that guy "added" DWM or whatever other than a theme it's "ok" then.

To explain further. Yes I am running DWM. it is a service that comes with Vista Basic Home. When I load a style from the Display Manager, I get the options

Windows Vista Standard

Windows Vista Basic

Windows Classic.

When I use the style "Windows Vista Standard" I get the look you see above.

When I use any style listed as "Windows Vista Standard" DWM loads up. and when I run just a basic theme, DWM unloads,

the shadows around the window go away, and DWM service stops.

Notice I don't get the option for the AERO theme at all.

I would like to find out info as to how I can take out the layer that makes my window NON-Transparent. since I now know that it can be done.

vista standard is simply aero except it's got the transparency hardcoded to be off. it's theoretically possible to hack it to be back on, but i have no idea how dwm works so i have no idea how. good luck

From what i make of the screenshot it looks like Vistamax transparency if DWM was been used your Taskbar would have also changed to a glassey look.

I don't think so. Think about it... if it were just a layer coded into the theme or the window manager. it could be coded in bitmap or even vector( which would make it harder to find. ). the layer that is added in "Basic" could be different in "Ultimate". I think with a few people looking into it there will be a patch for this that works in "Basic".

I have already started looking for the code myself. but I probably won't get near as far as fast as some of you out there. which is why I post here. many of you have great tallent but find yourselves sticking to the same old thing. why not broaden your horisons by working together on new ideas and projects.

With Vista, a lot of the innards is simple VisualBasic, and the rest is C, these are common languages.

I know that the whole Vista Registration System is VB for a fact. how much of the system is like that. easy to edit.

I think we could all figure out something. and now that DWM is being used now, it opend whole new possibilities in UI Themeing, where you can now impliment 3D anything into the UI.

This has many possibilites. If you remember, Lh 40xx had a Flip3D feature that let you move the windows independantly and also let you slide windows in and out on a "z" plane. That was cool!.

The functions are stull there, they just have to have the dots connected.

With that I will say goodnight,

Jon West aka Electrik Jesus

I have that panel, but the "enable transparency" option is not there on my computer. And that color cycle app works as well. but still no transparency but for the expanded windows.

I have that panel, but the "enable transparency" option is not there on my computer. And that color cycle app works as well. but still no transparency but for the expanded windows.

what graphics card was you running agian

I think you mean DX9...

As far as enabling glass on Home Basic, it's more than likely not possible without WindowBlinds. You'll need Home Premium or better to use any type of Aero-interface on Vista. Also considering your graphics card, I don't think it'll run Aero, at least not well.

Yeah that is what I got, an Intel GMA 950. thanks for that. and to clarify "simon360" Home Basic does have the capability of Aero Glass. This is why I posten this topic, and the screenshot shows the possibility of Aero Glass in a Home Basic edition of Vista. with just a little bit of digging, it will turn up.

Jusy wait, You will se.

Thanx

Edited by Electrik Jesus

From what I know vista basic lacks the Aero theme and dwm all together. There is a registry add somwhere that can turn on dwm. I believe whats going on in your case is that the theme loads fine, but because basic lacks certain things it cannot load the transparency correctly.

It's not some resource or registry key you can hack... it's tied to the SKU just like DreamScene and other capabilities. If you want transparency, don't buy Home Basic. Personally I don't even see why people care that much. I sometimes think it looks better when it's opaque.

Also, people were confused because of your thread title, which should have read "...Glass in Home Basic" - since Vista Basic isn't a SKU, it's a theme.