Brain-eating zombies invade SF Apple store

This is just weird...but tech related in a way :laugh:

A horde of decaying zombies invaded San Francisco's downtown Apple store on Friday evening, hunting for brains, terrifying the customers, and gnawing on iMacs.

I've placed some photos here. I'm pleased to report that the zombies ultimately decided human brains were tastier than plastic iMacs, although it wasn't for lack of effort in trying to vary what must be a monotonous diet.

It was difficult to judge the exact number of zombies that shuffled through the city's shopping district, losing limbs, blood, and unmentionable body parts along the way, but probably at least 150 converged on Union Square. Then they decided to visit nearby businesses, including the Apple store, Nordstrom, the Disney store, and the Westfield Mall.

The event was titled "SF Zombie Mob 2007," and it was organized by the gruesome-minded folks at eatbrains.com. It's akin to a flash mob, though because the participants trek around the city after gathering, the Zombie Mob was closer in concept to the Critical Mass bicycle ride, which coincidentally was happening at the same time along the same street. In truth, it was a pretty polite affair: only passers-by who volunteered to become zombie-fied were, and no arrests took place.

It may be worth noting that the Westfield Mall and Disney security tried to bar the zombies from entering, but Apple store security did not. In fact, salespeople were jostling one another for a position where they could take the best photo of the zombies (or themselves with the zombies, or their brains being eaten by the zombies).

Source : CNet

Photos: mccullagh.org

lol. weird eh. Disney security did not allow this flash mob to get in (why? i wonder? would that put a competition to mickey mouse and pluto roaming around in the shop?) .... But mac shop was cool and the employees actually took picture with this zombies some like eating their brain and stuff...

lol...why would they create this flashmob thing? too bored?

hehe I had the whole title cut off and I just saw Brain eating zombies invade San Fransisco and I'm crap!! Gotta prepare for a zombie war! :p But interesting story, the costuming looks pretty cool.