J.J. Abrams' Cloverfield Questions

So those of us who have already seen Transformers also got to see the ?? Preview that left you with the WTF OMG Awesome feeling. Cloverfield is its "title" as of now but man what a freaking awesome trailer that was, what did yall think of it?

So what is Cloverfield? According to AICN, it?s a giant monster movie (referred internally as ?The Parasite?) which is shot using home video cameras from the point of view of real people who are experiencing the attack on New York City.

source

Before Transformers started there was a Trailer for a J.J. Abrams film i was wondering if anyone knew where i could go to download a good quality version of the trailer for those of you who do not know what i am talking about here is a video of it. however, i am not responsible for how this video came into being.

LINK

That looks incredible....i love the idea of using standard cameras as if people on the street are filming it! To see the trailer just head over to youtube and search for cloverfield

guys, note that JJ Adams is a producer, not director of the film. When first watching it, I honestly thought it was something to do with Transformers.. as we know about Sector Seven. lol. But guess not. I think it's another alien attack film.

It looks pretty crazy, it better not turn out to be another War of the Worlds.

It looks pretty crazy, it better not turn out to be another War of the Worlds.

I really didn't mind War of the Worlds being a fan of the old radio broadcast ;) :p

I think and want it to be a Godzilla movie. It sort of sounds like it would be Godzilla if you watch the trailer and there are a lot of people on the net talking about it possibly being a Godzilla movie too. Either it be a new movie or remake of the 1998 Godzilla movie where it left off at would be awesome, if not, the movie still looks like it will be great. To answer your question though, I have yet to see a better quality version, it's only in theater trailers right now.

Just thought I'd post a few links: http://imdb.com/title/tt1060277/

http://www.1-18-08.com/

I guess these are also related: http://ethanhaaswaswrong.blogspot.com/

http://www.ethanhaaswasright.com/ (This one seems to load slowly)

I think it's a Godzilla movie. The creature's roar sounds exactly like Godzilla's from the previous one. Then again the info in the imdb faq seems to lead otherwise.

At EthanHaasWasRight, if you click the blue star, in the upper left, it opens your email client. Sending the email causes the autoresponse:

If you're receiving this auto-response message it means that I've gone into hiding. You should be careful now, too. They're likely to start coming after all of us in an attempt to keep the balance of power in their favor. But remember, as our numbers increase as a group, the weaker they'll become. As you recruit new people to our cause, you might need to share this message as guidance for how to navigate the 5 locks to the key code...

1) The first lock will test your memory. Follow the trail of light and sound, but be careful -- one wrong move will send you back to the beginning.

2) For the second lock, you may need to look to the stars. They will help you find HAAS who will lead your way.

3) The third lock will require you to extinguish all lights but one. Only with one light remaining will you be able to proceed.

4) The fourth lock will let you move all 4 pieces through the control of one. However, unless the three key pieces are simultaneously placed into position, you will not be granted access.

5) The fifth lock will be the toughest. Seek help again from the stars to reveal your key and the message that you must decode. The two working together will open the way. Good luck. Van

-Spenser

Edited by stifler6478

Ethanwasright.com is a game, basically a marketing scheme, I beat that game. At the end it asks for your email address and than they will email you back on August 1st to remind you of something.

They have a video play with a guy talking in between each puzzle, or whenever you beat one.

I think and want it to be a Godzilla movie. It sort of sounds like it would be Godzilla if you watch the trailer and there are a lot of people on the net talking about it possibly being a Godzilla movie too. Either it be a new movie or remake of the 1998 Godzilla movie where it left off at would be awesome, if not, the movie still looks like it will be great. To answer your question though, I have yet to see a better quality version, it's only in theater trailers right now.

I've seen the trailer before Transformers and I thought it would be another Godzilla movie. What's odd is that it doesn't seem like Godzilla would have the strength to hurl a large object at a building. In the 1998 movie, he mostly rammed through buildings, etc.