Standalone Installers for Windows Live Programs

How do you manage to find these? I would like to know so when there is an updated version I can go find it myself.

Some nice person has to go and download all of it, and then copy the installers out of the temporary folder, and upload it for everyone else.

by the way...the Messenger installer that OP linked to doesn't match the one I have.

His actually has a more recent certificate...

But just letting you guys know.

This links are NOT Official, Skydrive is the service from Microsoft to host files, 50MB of maximum I think (this means that the user is who upload the files, as we can see the filename is a extensive one, specifically from Windows Installer temp directories), however this is helpfull for who have problems with live installer or want the stand alone installer to install later without need to Download again.

Thanks for the Live Writer friend! :)

so Windows Live Photo Gallery is basically the same software that comes with vista? or should i upgrade?

It's a better version than the one comes with Vista. Think of Windows Mail and Windows Live Mail

I'm interested in trying Windows Photo Gallery if it's anything like the one that comes with Vista. I haven't tried Vista yet, but I like what I've seen from the screenshots in Vista. Anyone got some screenshots from the XP version?

Thank you my friend for the direct links

Please is what you can give me a link to the off-line install for Windows live mail the latest version 12.0.1606 but in french language Because I need it to a friend

Thank you very much

I'm interested in trying Windows Photo Gallery if it's anything like the one that comes with Vista. I haven't tried Vista yet, but I like what I've seen from the screenshots in Vista. Anyone got some screenshots from the XP version?

Go try it. Feature-wise, WLPG is identical on XP and Vista (minus Vista's fancy slideshows).

windowslivephotogalleryvh6.th.png

The gallery. Windows Live Photo Gallery has a few additional views compared to Vista Photo Gallery. Also try selecting two or more photos, right clicking one of them, and clicking "Create panoramic photo..."

windowslivephotogallerywg0.th.png

Picture viewer. There's an "adjust detail" feature that is new to WLPG.

windowslivephotogallerygp2.th.png

One of my favourite new features of WLPG. It now automatically groups together pictures based on what time periods they were taken in. This feature alone negates my need to reboot into Vista just to load pictures from my camera. :yes:

Side note: It's great that the various Windows Live teams are backporting some of Vista's useful bundled applications to XP allowing a wider audience to enjoy these programs on XP and Vista. Doesn't this cut away some of Vista's selling points now that at least 3 quarters of its bundled apps exist on XP with reduced functionality (i.e. Internet Explorer 7) or with far improved functionality (Windows Live Mail)?

I love Windows Live Mail... it's much better that Outlook/Express (or whatever it's called now... still Express?). I wish they'd add an option on where to put the icon text, though, like in Internet Explorer (to the right, below, or no text).

Pleaaaaaase is what you can give me a link to the off-line install for Windows live mail the latest version 12.0.1606 but in french language Because I need it to a friend

Thank you very muuuuuuuuch

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for the links, but when I open the page, I get this:

That file seems to be missing

Someone may have deleted or moved the file or folder you asked for, or you may not have permission to view it. If you have questions about this file or folder, contact the person who created it.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I'm too late to take advantage of this also. I'm getting the same error on my side. :(

Did Jotnar end up deleting everything, or did M$ do that?

• 1 month later...