BIG Rumors: Tekken 6 going to 360, new SKU, PS3 Greatest Hits?

Once a week, from now on, I'm going to spill 5 "unknown" things onto the gaming world here. Today I'm doing 10, though. See, I've seen this **** PUNT "SURFER GIRL" get away with these uneducated guesses and become a sensation... While anyone who comes here often and reads my back log of blogs knows I've been consistently right time and time again on certain info.

My track record is proven... Look thru my pages here. I told everyone Sony had a Dual shock controller in the works well before anyone. I told everyone, about the Ghost busters game. Well before Game-informer or Surfer girl. I also predicted it before Zootfly's original concept movies.

I told everyone about the wanna be Black xbox with the hdmi. Later called the elite. The pics were mine. Check my site here. you'll see them.

Am I an insider? ... Kind of. I attend manager meetings. I get to go to certain events. I talk to some people. I'm not claiming to be all up Insomniacs ass or Nintendo. I'm not claiming to be a dev. I'm just a guy. Like me, love me or hate me... Take my words for what you will, but remember when they come to pass where you heard them.

1 - Sony is introducing a new Ps3 sku on "March 11th". It will be packed with a Dual shock 3 and have R&C along with it. This sku is for the U.S. only and it will also have a 160 GB HDD in it. The cost of the system will be 499.99 for a limited time only. I believe this will just be for the game, as the controller and system will remain at 499.99

It will not feature Backwards compatibility whatsoever, by the way. My last "rumor" will explain this in a little more detail.

2 -SuckerPunch's new game "Infamous" has been put on hold until after GDC. Sony has a new trailer (I've seen it) they want to show off before going on with the project. They would like to see the public reaction now that the game is further along in development, but are not afraid to cut ties with it all together. Look for an 09 release on it. From what I've seen... it's not looking good. Not at all.

3 - Tekken 6 is being developed for the xbox 360 and a new sku is going to be made available for pre-orders at Gamestop no later than April. You heard this hear 1st, people.

4 - Nintendo has plans to release 1 major peripheral every viable year the wii is out on the market, it seems. This year they will introduce a new gadget that allows you to track on screen objects by simple head movements. < Whatever that means. In an attempt to give the disabled gamers an easier time gaming.

5 - In game XMB for the PS3/PSN will not hit until mid Summer... This is also the same time Home will finally hit. However, Home will not be available during the option and neither will other task like movie watching. You can, at this stage, access the Internet web browser, however. This might make it easier for gamers to look up codes, tips and other stuff while in game. That's smart thinking on Sony's part. The xmb is said to take over 124mb of ram to use by the way.

6 - As I said, Home's (official) release date is now June 12th 08. the worse part, you will not be allowed cross interaction with other regions the day it launches. Look for some empty "Homes" when it hits. You friends list will be getting a boost to over 100 too. By fall home should be fully integrated across all regions.

7 - Finally... Ps2 games will be going live starting in April. 3 Ps2 games will be made available for Download on the PSN. The set cost for them isn't disclosed yet as it has a N/A by the price on the fax. The games are ICO, PRIMAL and WAR OF MONSTERS. each game will have a 2gb download attached to them. better expand those HDD's or buy the new premium Ps3, I suppose.

8 - the reason backwards compat was dropped in the 1st place dates back to the 3rd update PS3 users went thru. The one where the store went down for about 2 days "big loss I know" That update was expanding on bandwidth for downloads. Notice how we get demo's faster now? Well, they knew they wanted to toss Ps1 and Ps2 games up on the store. They just knew the fanbase last year wouldn't support their efforts.

Now, they have 10 million units sold and a reason to do so. This is in an effort to recoup all that lost revenue the 1st year Ps3 was out. Will it work? Who's to say. I'll buy Ps2 games, if they're good. Won't you?

9 - Microsoft is set to release a new sku for their xbox elite. This one will house a built in wifi adaptor and host the same 120gb hdd built into it. The sku's just came into Gamestops computers, so expect to see the new systems any time after or before GDC this year.

10 - Sony is going to release a few "so called" greatest Hits games at 30 bucks here at Gamestop. Be expecting this, also around GDC. Resistance, Motorstorm and Heavenly Sword are the 3 games we have in our system right now.

Anyways, that's it for now and for me. Take these or leave them for the time being... just remember where you heard them, folks. Again, I'm not Surfer Girl... I'm not going to toss out vauge ramblings anyone would know if they gamed... I'm not going to make assumptions. I'm giving you hard evidence that is actually Legit.

Big difference, folks.

Games "sabian" Blow "greenly"

News Source: Games Blow

WOW, I can agree on the Greatest Hits, xmb, home, and the new SKU, but what do you think about the rest?

Not that I want to be an ass or anything, but...

Look thru my pages here.

It's at this point they lost any real credibility with me, any professional journalist would spell correctly.

EDIT: Ok I admit it, I gave in and actually read the so-called "rumours". And you know what? Nothing new. At all. I've heard pretty much all of these rumours before from all sorts of sources. It looks to me like this person is trying to jump on the hype that "surfer girl" manages to drag up by rehashing rumours that have been floating about for a while now (google any one of the rumours and you'll see what I mean).

EDIT2: It's a ****ing myspace page! What little, tiny amount of credibility this ******* had has gone straight out the window. Don't bother giving these "rumours" so much as a second thought.

Edited by Kushan

Sucker Punch needs to put out Sly Cooper again, that game was pure fun on the PS2. I'm glad to see the new SKU will have a good price tag, $499 is damn good considering what some of us have paid for our Playstations.

I'm very disappointed to hear in-game XMB won't be here till Summer, but oh well, better late than never.

Greatest hits is obvious, sooner or later its bound to happen.

Really skeptical :/

I believe Sony will go down with PS3 prices, not up. They've stressed people weren't buying PS3's due to high prices and claimed they ditched PS2 BC to drop prices.

$500 doesn't make sense to me - It's going up the way, and the mass market is not going to buy a console at that price. They have reduced manufacturing costs, and will probably be willing to still take small losses on the console to help it sell (in America anyway, it's easy to make profits in Europe where the pound is soo strong against the dollar).

I speculate a 120/160GB drive with DS3 going for $400-425, and the 40GB dropping to $300-325.

If they do release at $500... tut tut Sony, no one is going to pay that. The 120/160GB SKU will fail under the 40GB at that kind of price.

All the stuff about Home to me is complete speculation, there have been soo many claims about Home, open betas/release dates that I refuse to believe anything till Sony say now.

Also no region sharing sounds daft to me, the closed beta allows you to talk to all your friends list just now does it not? Even if it doesn't I still don't buy into this one. Sony will not officially release Home with such a missing feature as that - If anything they would keep it in BETA status until something like that is resolved.

The 1UP guys made a good point about Home, it's going to be like gmail in the sense that an open beta allows everyone and his dog to get into it, but officially it's still classed as a beta, until one day Sony decide that whatever stage Home is at, it's time to call it a day and announce it as 1.0 or "final" or "release build" or something.

PS2 games on PSN is wishful thinking and quite logical, but it also assumes Sony have software BC working....

Also,

9 - Microsoft is set to release a new sku for their xbox elite. This one will house a built in wifi adaptor and host the same 120gb hdd built into it. The sku's just came into Gamestops computers, so expect to see the new systems any time after or before GDC this year.

For all it's worth that seems like a pointless move - Yeah Wifi will make people happy, but releasing another SKU just for it? I do assume though that this model will update the current.

Why leave the other models without wifi? Again I don't buy it, it would just be MS causing more complication in their already vast amount of models/updates to now. I thought Sony/MS would learn that consoles are about buying 1 and being happy with it, not seeing iterations a year or two later that make you jealous.

Edited by Audioboxer

Wow... built in wi-fi for the Elite? Color me jaded.

This will be a big mistake on Microsoft's part. Why didn't it have Wi-Fi when the Elite first launched, they had a golden oppotunity to do it then when it made its first appearence, also they could of made the Core into a HDD version console. Some of the desicions MS has made is questionable and another SKU will just **** off alot of people. Infact Wi-Fi should IMHO come when the Elite launched, now that ship has sailed, are people going to fork out on another SKU just for the "long awaitied" Wi-Fi feature? Just sell the damn dongle at 1/4 of the price.

What is it now, the most SKUs we can release to the consumer wins.........

Thats going to hurt Sony. That was such a stupid move, and after Sony was bashing Microsoft for not being BC, and the PS3 will (pre-PS3 launch) and now the tables have turned, and what does Sony have to say for itself?

I don't see enough interest in Wifi to integrate it to be honest.

the only people who even really care abotu Wifi are the Sony fanboys who make it out as soem great point that it's built in to the PS3 and not the 360. Granted the 120 disk is hardly worth the current pro/elite price difference, so I wouldn't rule out the elite getting it, just to give it that "all included" look.

The most itneresting thing here is really the size ofthe XMB, granted it's allways been known that the PS3 "OS" takes up a lot of ram, even when you play games. but wow.. I don't see how they can let the OS/XMB use that much, especially if you're suppoed to be able to launch it for in game...

Thats going to hurt Sony. That was such a stupid move, and after Sony was bashing Microsoft for not being BC, and the PS3 will (pre-PS3 launch) and now the tables have turned, and what does Sony have to say for itself?

in addition any games launched as an "xbox original" ont he 360 os BC so you can use your original disk or buy an oroginal disk instead.

Interesting read, I wonder how much is true ? If they start to sell PS2 games on the store does that mean 40GB SKU PAL, will get BC ?

Would be nice, but I get the feeling only 60Gb/80Gb owners can play them. Lack of backwards compatibilities doesn't bother me though. I didn't buy my PS3 to play PS2 games, that is what my PStwo is for!

PLEASE bring me tekken for my 360. I got crash bandicoot and GTA, the only game from the PS2 franchises that I'm missing on the 360 is tekken!

Instead of integrating wifi on the elite just f****** reduce the price of the wifi adapter.. damn

I agree, make it the same price as a game ($59.99/?39.99) that way its only ?10 more than a Netgear adapter:p:p