Aero Theory Final

Hey everyone. I finally finished this VS. Hopefully everyone enjoys this. :)

It comes in two different versions. The "light" version is mostly for those who have dialup internet, like me, and it doesn`t include the wallpaper pack.

And the "premium" pack comes with a wallpaper pack. So essentially, they are the same VS, just different file sizes, to make it convenient to download for everyone.

Aero Theory "Premium" - Get It Here

Aero_Theory_Final___Premium___by_downtheory.jpg

Includes: 32 Wallpapers

Archive Size: 31mb

Aero Theory "Light Version" Get It Here

Aero_Theory_Final___Light___by_downtheory.jpg

Thanks for viewing! :)

looks great, but I detect from here a little distortion in the upper window corners. I will try it once I install Vista on Bootcamp.

I don't get it. This looks exactly like Microsoft Vista's default theme. Someone want to tell me what's so good about it?

It's actually pretty different. Around the title bar of the window you can see one very clear change--the vista banner logo in the transparency instead of the rays of the official theme. The start menu is also less rounded and more transparent than default Vista Aero.

Probably other differences, but I haven't used it yet. Really if you can't see the differences, it just means you haven't used Vista. o.O

It's actually pretty different. Around the title bar of the window you can see one very clear change--the vista banner logo in the transparency instead of the rays of the official theme. The start menu is also less rounded and more transparent than default Vista Aero.

Probably other differences, but I haven't used it yet. Really if you can't see the differences, it just means you haven't used Vista. o.O

Yeah I guess those 'rays' have gone but that's about the only change! The new start button is completely trivial.. it's still a windows flag isn't it?!

An XP theme is generally a whole lot different to luna!

Hey everyone. I finally finished this VS. Hopefully everyone enjoys this. :)

It comes in two different versions. The "light" version is mostly for those who have dialup internet, like me, and it doesn`t include the wallpaper pack.

And the "premium" pack comes with a wallpaper pack. So essentially, they are the same VS, just different file sizes, to make it convenient to download for everyone.

Aero Theory "Premium" - Get It Here

Includes: 32 Wallpapers

Archive Size: 31mb

Aero Theory "Light Version" Get It Here

Thanks for viewing! :)

Got a link to that Ferrari Wallpaper by chance?

An XP theme is generally a whole lot different to luna!

Thats because you can edit XP themes alot more freely, Vista has alot of restrictions/limitations when it comes to skinning, not sure if this was intentional or not though.

Thank you for all the comments guys! Glad that a lot of you like the VS.

To most who believe this isn`t much different from Aero, thats because in reality it`s not. Hence the name "Aero Theory". It still retains elements of the default Aero theme, that was intentional. I know there are a lot of people out there who actually do enjoy using the default Aero theme, like me.

The start button was created like it was, with the flag, because I simply like the flag.

Wallpapers

Avril Lavigne - Get It Here

Ferarri - Get It Here

Just a note. In the event you have your own wallpaper or want to use a particular wallpaper included with the premium version of Aero Theory just do this:

Navigate to "C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\Aero Theory [Final]\walls".

And then select a wallpaper you want to use, re-name it to "wallpaper". And that`s it!

Now everytime you apply/re-apply Aero Theory, that wallpaper will show up every single time until you change it.

Apologize for not including those in the first place, and for any inconvenience.

ViperAFK

Thanks for the comment!

+jayr0

Thank you.

sanctified

Can`t say I`m quite sure what distortion you are referring to. If you find it please post back and let me know. I`ll fix it as quickly as I can.

Tempest

Appreciate the comment.

FiREFLi

Yeah I agree there isn`t much of a change in the rays and all that in the stream image. I actually had someone custom make that stream for me. I just didn`t go back and modify it any more, just released as-is. But I will change that as soon as I get some more free time. :) Appreciate the comment.

omganinja

I`ve heard that a lot about XP. That it`s easier to edit than Vista is. I guess Vista is so complicated because of all the restrictions MS have placed on it. Because it is pretty restrictive, I have to agree.

Biotoxic_hazard_835

Thank you for the comment. I really appreciate it.

As for the wallpaper, :D believe it or not, that would be Avril Lavigne. I know not many people like her, but I do. Don`t like her music of course, too "light" for me.

There are a few more of her included in the premium version as well, just so you know. If you need those uploaded, let me know I`ll post them here for you.

Joshie

Appreciate that comment.

I`m so used to posting at deviantArt, it felt like a chore to edit this post. Really need to start posting here more. I guess deviantArt dumbs the posting process down more than I thought haha.

Edited by downtheory

On second thoughts I can't seem to get it working. Downtheory, I couldn't find the dll files in the rar file I downloaded so I got ones for 64bit vista with SP1, after i copy them over and double click on the msstyles file, it doesnt look any different, and in the theme preview window it just looks like vista basic. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

ViZioN

Well, in the preview window it does look like Vista Basic.

That`s because I have only edited and modified the "Aero" files. I didn`t touch the "basic" files at all. So just go ahead and apply the theme, and it should work. Unless you haven`t patched your uxtheme.dll files correctly.

Please reply and let me know if it worked or not. :) Will be glad to help any way that I can.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm using this now that I've switched to Vista. Nice looking theme, but I have one question. How do I get my user picture in the Start Menu to be like the one in your screen shots (not the actual picture, but the placement of it) half on/half off the menu? Mine is completely inside the menu. Do I need to do something special? All I did was add the theme to the correct location (Windows\Resources\Themes\ Name of Theme Folder) and then select the theme in the Personalization section.

I'm using this theme and I love it. However, is it possible to remove the background image seen in the transparent windows?

This is what I'm talking about:

48820936mj9.jpg