31 days of the dragon - Entries

post-32224-1211211048.png

Following our previous announcement of this exciting competition, Neowin is proud to be setting somewhat of a creative challenge to all our members, for the chance to win the HP Pavillion HDX 9000 "Dragon" Entertainment notebook package worth over $5000.

Continuing from the dragon-themed prize, we want you to record a short audio clip, no more than one minute in length, telling us what you'd do if you had a real life dragon at your disposal. Alternative pet? Crime-fighting force to be reckoned with? Let us know your thoughts in the most creative way you can imagine. Be it a moody poetry reading, comedy skit or choral singing, entertain us here at Neowin and you could be winning this fantastic prize courtesy of HP and Buzzcorps.

Entries will close on May 27 2008 which gives you seven days from the start of the competition.

Submission details

• Entries will open on Tuesday May 20 2008 at 00:00 GMT and close on Tuesday May 27 2008 at 00:00 GMT
  • Reply to this thread and attach an MP3 of under 2MB and no more than 1 minute in length
  • One entry per member - you may post additional entries but you must indicate the ONE entry you wish to be entered for judging
  • Entries will be judged by the collective Neowin staff
  • Neowin staff and veterans are inelligible to enter - sorry guys!
  • A winner will be announced on during the week of the closing date; they will be contacted separately with details of claiming their prize
  • This is an international competition and members from all territories are welcome to participate
  • Creativity and originality is favoured, so entries must be your own work
  • Neowin reserves the right to alter the terms of this competition at will

post-32224-1211383599.png

Any questions, feel free to post below and we'll update this first post with information as necessary.

The competition is now open!

Sweet, I'll get started on my entry. I'm so excited! :D

So you want a one minute audio file, with creativity and flair, based on what I would do, if the fantasy creature commonly referred to as a 'dragon', were a real life pet?

I think they mean the fantasy creature.

What if I don't have a microphone?

Microsoft Sam :p

(Screen reader program)

I got an idea for this, but I'm on holiday :x

I think my laptop (iBook) has a microphone though - If I can cook up a solution I may enter.

Alright I made an example...just a little random thought story, attached to this post! -- NOT an entry, JUST an example :p

though note, it can be anything about a dragon really, a song perhaps, story, poem, etc!

skyysdragon.mp3

:)
Man, perfect.
Alright I made an example...just a little random thought story, attached to this post! -- NOT an entry, JUST an example :p

though note, it can be anything about a dragon really, a song perhaps, story, poem, etc!

"...and that's my Dragon". Haha (Y)

• Neowin staff and veterans are ineligible to enter - sorry guys!

Aww.... :(

What tool would I use to convert it to MP3, every tool I use on Vista seems to want to save it as wma.