Sword of Truth Tv show - Legend of the Seeker

Anyone else here of this? A tv show based on Wizards First Rule, the first book in the Sword of Truth series? The first I heard of it and I just saw some of the promos today. I think I'll reserve judgment until I actually see the show.

You can see them on Terry Goodkinds official site.

http://www.terrygoodkind.com/

The characters look nothing like how I imagined they would. Especially Zedd.

I did a quick search but didn't come up with any results, if this has already been brought up feel free to delete, or whatever.

Edit: Official site for the tv show to watch the promos and stuff

http://www.legendoftheseeker.com/

Whoa. Crazy. I wonder how they are going to make it work on TV. There are a lot of pretty hardcore things in the books. I'll definitely be checking this out on the 1st.

I'm actually halfway through "Phantom" at the moment - being the second in the "concluding trilogy" of the whole SOT series i think?

Really enjoying it, and Im a huge fan of the first few books (three of them). Lost interest for a while, but I picked up Chainfire a month or so ago and found it hugely enjoyable.

The TV series looks like pants to be honest. Typical rubbish on par with Merlin, or other such rubbish shows!

This should be a dark, adult, scary tv show or movie since as you say, alot of it is very very hardcore for crying out loud! This looks like a childrens tv series...not impressed at all.

note: the actress playing Kahlen makes me go r0xx0rs in my b0xx0rs though...

Yeah, the books kind of slowed down in the middle but picked up towards the end.

I would mostly agree that the show doesn't look that good which is really disappointing. But I'll wait until I actually see it before I judge if it's any good or not.

• 2 months later...

Hate to Necro, but I'm a huge Goodkind fan, and never heard of this until I went to the website to see if Goodkind had any new books coming out soon. And to my surprise a TV show.

http://www.hulu.com/legend-of-the-seeker

There's the Hulu link to all episodes that have been shown (Episode 1 and 2 are combined). Gotta say it's intresting. Nothing is like how I pictured it, and either I'm not remembering the book correctly (read it for third time the weeks before Confessor was released) or it's defiently not playing out how it was written. Close but not quite. Anyone else watching it?

I just finished the books about 2 weeks ago now and I must say I loved the books. I don't think I could stand to watch the show though. They'd have to tame it down a lot.

Its my favorite Fantasy (Book) Series.

I've seen some of the TV show and its horribly dissapointing to the point that I wish it was not associated with the name Sword of Truth.

• 3 weeks later...
I've seen some of the TV show and its horribly dissapointing to the point that I wish it was not associated with the name Sword of Truth.

I have to agree. Esepcially after last Sunday's show. I mean Zedd confessed? WTH? At this point it's stupid humor to me.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...