Is this the new Windows 7 taskbar

I think this taskbar looks alot better than the current one in Windows Vista, i don't like the default black colour scheme, although i wish they would change the Start Menu a bit more than planned.

Why not centre the Orb and Start Menu or completely redesign it instead of refining it.

Yes, its genuine, the Taskbar features rearrangeable buttons with pop out thumbnails I have been informed.

It's 2008.. people still using 1.3mp cameras? :laugh:

haha....taken from a mobile phone, its still fine. :D

hmm...to me it doesn't look much different from the taskbar in vista.

Too big for my taste. But at least they're trying to think of something different. If that's it, though, I hope I can go back to a small Vista-like one with just some Quick Launch icons...

I dunno what to say about that unless I see it in action. I think since the desktop is "3D" now that the taskbar should be as well.

Minimizing apps which then look like little thumbs at the bottom insted of just a small icon and text would be nice. I dunno really, but you have to figure they can do so much with WPF and so on in there.

Looks good. Hope the new taskbar is in Beta 1.

I don't think so. One of the MS Partner videos had a PM mention the new taskbar but he said it would only be shown off at PDC, not included in the M2 build given out to attendees.

I don't think so. One of the MS Partner videos had a PM mention the new taskbar but he said it would only be shown off at PDC, not included in the M2 build given out to attendees.

Umm. :unsure: that's why I said that I hope the new taskbar makes it into Beta 1.

I read that an 'M3' build is being given to developers at PDC, I assume an M3 build still comes before Beta1.