Call Of Duty 5 on Windows 7 6801

Not sure why your trying to run a beta game on a pre-beta OS for...but you made sure .NET is properly installed? or perhaps you have the wrong version installed? (it can happen) the problem could be anything to be honest, don't forget Win7 isn't even a beta yet, things are bound to be broken/not work right/missing.

Many are having problems on Vista and XP and those are stable, I very much doubt you are going to ever get it working on an Alpha build of 7...

Good Luck (Y)

.net 3.5 is a core service in 7 so nothing is wrong in that aspect...thats why we beta test these things..to fix broken problems isint it?

but what version of .NET does the COD5 Beta need? .NET isn't backward compatible, if something used say 2.0, then you need 2.0 installed for it to work. Well yes that is the point, but running a beta game on a OS that is still in alpha stages is kinda stretching it a little isn't it? :p well good luck to you anyway!

dx is all good..checked with dxdiag...tried to install v2 and v1 of .net and says they are already installed...also tried running in compatibility mode for bith vista rtm and xp sp2

anyone got the new cod5 beta to work on 6801 yet? i keep getting the error 0xc0000135 which i beleive is something to do with .net if im not mistaken?

any ideas?

Amazing..................................are you serious?

I'd be interested to see how well games run on Windows7 compared to Vista and XP. Of course Windows7 is still in its early stages so it may not be very accurate. Let us know if you ever get it to work :)

but what version of .NET does the COD5 Beta need? .NET isn't backward compatible, if something used say 2.0, then you need 2.0 installed for it to work. Well yes that is the point, but running a beta game on a OS that is still in alpha stages is kinda stretching it a little isn't it? :p well good luck to you anyway!

Err wha?

The only breaking changes in the .NET CLR were from 1.1 over 1.0!

The .NET CLR IS backward compatible, but also supports side by side installation in case there is a case where a future version breaks a current version and the version targeting can be set by the application author in the executable's manifest file.

Also, .NET 3.5 still uses the .NET 2.0 CLR. There hasn't been a new CLR since .NET 2.0...

I'm having the same problem. Haven't been able to get it working yet...

And some people ask why you would try to play games on an alpha build of windows?

Well... isn't the purpose of testing to test... well... everything? That includes games and all your favorite programs and such to see how well they run, then leave feedback that Microsoft will never even take a look at.

Point is, whole purpose of a test operating system is to test things.

Call of Duty 5 hasn't been discussed outside of Infinity Ward? How do you have it already? And post a screenshot of the error that Call of Duty: World at War is giving you.

Call of Duty 5 hasn't been discussed outside of Infinity Ward? How do you have it already? And post a screenshot of the error that Call of Duty: World at War is giving you.

I think he means the multiplayer beta not the final version.

I'm having the same problem. Haven't been able to get it working yet...

And some people ask why you would try to play games on an alpha build of windows?

Well... isn't the purpose of testing to test... well... everything? That includes games and all your favorite programs and such to see how well they run, then leave feedback that Microsoft will never even take a look at.

Point is, whole purpose of a test operating system is to test things.

Yeah, I've also been getting that problem. I played it once or twice fine and then I started getting that error.

Yeah, I've also been getting that problem. I played it once or twice fine and then I started getting that error.

Mine never even worked right. It gave me the error from the start.

I to had this problem. And when i googled the error everything pointed to .net framework. But that didnt help.

In the readme.html for COD:WAW it says that you need a certain dx9 update. So i got the directx updater from HERE, and ran it. It downloads all of the updates and installs them. Then it worked like a charm.

Let me know if it works for you.