[Rumour] PlayStation Home Release Dates

Closed beta: 2007 - November 18, 2008

Open Beta: November 19, 2008 - December, 2008

Final release: December, 2008 - Quarter 1, 2009

http://n4g.com/ps3/NewsCom-226501.aspx via http://forum.playstationhome.com/index.php?showtopic=2151

The source isn't loading right now.

Rumour until confirmed official.

Also message from Home community manager

We're nearly there. We've a new version to release soon (its nearly ready) and then an increase in the size of the closed beta to test the new version and load test the service and then Open Beta will start. All of that will happen this year.

We do look at these threads but as some here have pointed out, we cant just throw it out the door because you're shouting loudly. We hear your frustration and apologise for the long wait but we've got things to do that must be done before its ready for a wider audience.

Also please try to understand that Home Open Beta isnt the end of the journey, its just a big milestone and many new, exciting, weird and fun things will come to Home over the months and years ahead. We've got some fun things lined up for early next year, for example.

Anyway, not much longer, relatively speaking.

Ted

Dates seem plausible.

I'm just waiting for final release. I'll let the people who are really into it get spots in the beta.

The open beta is for everyone to use.

I assume when they go "final" as the forum is rumouring, the beta tag will be dropped.

Wasn't the 19th already rumoured / speculated?

Yup, was never denied, but we just had to point out on NW it wasn't official either.

Cause the original source a month or so back was the inquirer who have a track record worse than my memory on a saturday night out.

The open beta is for everyone to use.

I assume when they go "final" as the forum is rumouring, the beta tag will be dropped.

The beta tag won't be dropped, it'll be in the same situation as Gmail...

So translated for Australians;

Open Beta: December 2008 - Quarter 1, 2009

"Final": Quarter 1, 2009 - beyond

I know it was said somewhere that it going to be a "worldwide" release, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that, considering Australia is the land of the shafted....:( ...well that is if it doesn't get banned first :p (yeah I know that won't happen, but I just had to poke fun at it anyway :p)

NOTE: I'm been optimistic too, Australia might not even see the open beta till early next year. However, to be fair Australia is a tiny market and in the grand scheme of things we don't really matter (compared to NA, JP and EU). Doesn't stop that grand feeling of been shafted coming on though...

Edited by Xerxes

Friend has the Japan beta which I checked out, and it's not really that great (although I have to admit, all the text is in Japanese so it's kinda hard to get around).

They really need to just get it out now, if it sucks, then it sucks, and they will probably put even mroe work into it when its in the public eye and hopefully we can finally move on from it all.

What did I say last week :p

I bet you it doesn't release til next year (N)

The open beta will be available to everyone this year.

Quater 1 2009 is different then actual quaters of the year.

I'm fully aware of that, but from the wording it's apparent they aren't talking about fiscal years (Oct 1st 2008 to December 31st 2008).

So it means the first quarter of 2009, i.e January to March.

Another update from TedtheDog

As Timski said, we'll be sending our invites once v1.0 is live.

Understand that SCEA's motivation to reward annual subscribers to QORE is a little different to our motivation to do a load test before Open Beta.

Please dont worry though, we here at SCEE really do have a lot of invites to send and Open Beta will be along within weeks of that as well.

In relation to Qore.

Damnit why won't people let this die already? Every day we get a new 'rumor' of a release date and nothing ever happens. The dates just keep getting pushed further and further back and 'news' like this really should just be considered spam unless there's ever something concrete. Waste of time.

Did you actually read the topic Si?

About 2-3 messages from TedTheDog who is the community Home manager concreting a November release, just not specifying exact dates yet.

I wonder why you keep visiting Home threads when you hate it so much? No one asked you to come into the topic.

Damnit why won't people let this die already? Every day we get a new 'rumor' of a release date and nothing ever happens. The dates just keep getting pushed further and further back and 'news' like this really should just be considered spam unless there's ever something concrete. Waste of time.

Even though its more or less confirmed to be in this months Qore?

Did you actually read the topic Si?

About 2-3 messages from TedTheDog who is the community Home manager concreting a November release, just not specifying exact dates yet.

I wonder why you keep visiting Home threads when you hate it so much? No one asked you to come into the topic.

Because it's a public forum? I know you like to think you own the place....

The point is, this kind of 'news' is forever coming out, but nothing ever happens. It will be newsworthy when they finally give a date.

Because it's a public forum? I know you like to think you own the place....

The point is, this kind of 'news' is forever coming out, but nothing ever happens. It will be newsworthy when they finally give a date.

Says you trying to tell us all what we can and can't post :laugh:

'news' like this really should just be considered spam unless there's ever something concrete

Simple solution for you, ignore Home topics if they somehow "annoy" you and let other people talk about release dates (Y)

I wasn't talking about you in particular, I meant these guys at Sony constantly blowing hot air without ever giving any real details, just lots of informationless spam. It's gone beyond the 'creating hype' stage, and just moved on to become annoying.

Home itself will be interesting to use, but Sony just sound like any one of Gordon Browns speeches, loads of waffle and no real information.

I wasn't talking about you in particular, I meant these guys at Sony constantly blowing hot air without ever giving any real details, just lots of informationless spam. It's gone beyond the 'creating hype' stage, and just moved on to become annoying.

Home itself will be interesting to use, but Sony just sound like any one of Gordon Browns speeches, loads of waffle and no real information.

I can count four things in this topic relating to release from Sony.

1. Release is confirmed for this year

2. Qore users will get Home this month as V1.0 will be out

3. SCEE will also be sending out invites before open beta, as Qore isn't available to EU

4. Open beta will be within weeks of Qore users getting Home

Doesn't seem to be spam to me.

Only point 1 was known before this topic was created.

As I said if discussing release annoys you, it's very easy to avoid topics on Home until it's out.

I can count four things in this topic relating to release from Sony.

1. Release is confirmed for this year

2. Qore users will get Home this month as V1.0 will be out

3. SCEE will also be sending out invites before open beta, as Qore isn't available to EU

4. Open beta will be within weeks of Qore users getting Home

Doesn't seem to be spam to me.

Only point 1 was known before this topic was created.

As I said if discussing release annoys you, it's very easy to avoid topics on Home until it's out.

I have to agree with Si_ on one point though. We can't trust these dates from Sony anymore :no: .

Home was announced at the Game Developers Conference on March 7, 2007[5] and was originally scheduled for a global public release in September or October 2007.[6]

During the Tokyo Game Show 2007, Home's full release was announced to be delayed until "Spring 2008".[7] On 21 April 2008 Sony Computer Entertainment announced that Home would be delayed further and the closed beta would be extended until "Fall 2008".

And now they're almost slipping into Winter 2008/early 2009. So I guess getting this confirmation from Sony doesn't mean a thing anymore. I'll believe it when I see it.

I have to agree with Si_ on one point though. We can't trust these dates from Sony anymore :no: .

And now they're almost slipping into Winter 2008/early 2009. So I guess getting this confirmation from Sony doesn't mean a thing anymore. I'll believe it when I see it.

Yeah fine, you can believe release will be whenever you want, I don't care, but no need to call my topics spam, that's all I'm saying to Si.