Photoshop CS4 with Windows 7

Anyone else had any luck installing Photoshop CS4 on Windows 7?

I just get an error about 5 seconds after starting the install stating that "Some components cannot be installed"

Any ideas people?

Anyone else had any luck installing Photoshop CS4 on Windows 7?

I just get an error about 5 seconds after starting the install stating that "Some components cannot be installed"

Any ideas people?

I had this problem too. Did you run both extractors? There should be two of them ADBEPHSPCS4_LS1 and PHSPCS4_Cont_LS1. Run both of those, extract contents to the same folder, and then run the normal setup.exe file.

If i had it i would try it out but i heard that you might need to run it in compatibility mode for now

Don't need to run in compatibility mode. Even if you did, it would still give the same error.

I had this problem too. Did you run both extractors? There should be two of them ADBEPHSPCS4_LS1 and PHSPCS4_Cont_LS1. Run both of those, extract contents to the same folder, and then run the normal setup.exe file.

Nothing like this in what I downloaded from Adobe :(

i install it on my 32bit version and it works fine but I was using the trail version. The issue maybe some of the files are irrupted. Go download the trial version from adobe and see if it works.

I installed photoshop cs4 x64 without a single problem, and it runs just fine.

Same here on 32 bit. No need for compatibility mode or anything else. Installed straight out of the box.

• 2 weeks later...

i installed photoshop cs4 extended in windows 7 beta 32bit. it works fine but it sometimes freezes and i have to restart it with forced kill. any help regarding this ??

btw thanks

Installation was smooth and is running smooth. W7 x64. 3ds max 2009 64bit is running smooth also.

Everything works fine except when I try to render a lighting effect the program stops working.

Anyone else having this problem?

Everything works fine except when I try to render a lighting effect the program stops working.

Anyone else having this problem?

Just tried it and it works perfectly fine ... I am running Windows 7 32bit with Photoshop CS4 installed since 2 weeks but only Aero Snap and Aero Shake doesnt work :p

For all of you that are having problems installing PS CS4.. sounds that It Is a problem with the windows Installer:

There Is a way to make It work:

1. Execute regedit (with Administrative rights)

2. Search for: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SQMClient\Wi ndows\DisabledSessions

3. Rename: MachineThrottling for _MachineThrottling

Haha! Way to go Adobe!

It's Adobe's fault that CS4 isn't working properly on a beta operating system for some people? Ooookay...

I was trying to find all the reg keys Adobe CS4 created during install earlier, anyway, first install worked fine (but I had to close Opera after I started monitoring the registry and what not), so I scrapped those results, uninstalled CS4, when I went to reinstall it, I had the same error (2nd install) as the OP.......after rebooting though, it installed fine.

Anyone else having issues with the ruler? The mouse display on the ruler lags a lot for me. Especially when I move it slowly. This is extremely annoying and really hinders my ability to work in it properly. Tried both the 32bit and 64bit Photoshop and I have the same issue in both.

I also noticed that GPU acceleration is not working. Is it working for anyone? If yes, what did you do to get it working? I'm using a ATi 3870.

Dannyarr,

CS4 is working superbly here (64 bit). The hardware acceleration is great.

On my previous system (XP64) I could get it to work '50%' (enabled but crappy performance and a lot of issues).

I have a 8600M GT on Dell Vostro 1500...installed the WDDM 1.1 (beta) drivers from Windows Update!