Windows 7 Sound drivers! Conexant AC97

Hi everyone,

So far, running windows 7 has been great. I have to say it is as fast as windows XP.

However, I have come across, really the only problem that I have had with this OS.

I cannot get the OS to recognize my HP Presario v2000 onboard sound! I have tried so many things, vista drivers, xp drivers, vista hacks, all with no luck.

According to HP's specs, i have Conexant CX20468-31 AC97 sound. If anyone has anyway to help me get this issue ffixed andhave sound on this sucker, I will be supper appreciative!

thanks in advance!

-mike

PS. runnin 64-bit

unfortunatly, "AMD" is not an option in the driver choices! =(

dtunesrus, what drivers have you used to get the AC 97 working?

I am using the ones available from windows update for Realtek 64 bit vista. The problem still occures when I run them under 32 bit windows 7. The motherboard is an older Nforce 3 series that uses the AC97 sound.

Anyone having issues with AC 97 sound popping and cracking. It almost sounds like it is over modulating the way it cuts the sound.

Me...

Athlon XP 2800+

Abit NF7-S (nforce2+soundstorm)

7600GT

OK I have the same problem, with Connexant AC Link Drivers, but there is a solution for this, the drivers from conexant or MS will not work, this are oolder drivers from intel 82801DB_DBM_DA_AC97 (search for them if the bellow provided link is broken, worked yesterday, if all fails I can upload them here...)

here

is a driver that works, is just one file, is older, but no cracking, echoing, reverbering, also the new drivers from MS from october 2008 are bad

There is no exe, you have to install it from device manager, and restart Windows 7....

tested only on 32bit windows...

^ They don't work with x64, man it's been ages since I still don't have the sound working on my laptop. :(

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechS...Item=ob-51288-1

The driver installer wont work but you can do the have disk method after it extracts it to c:\swsetup

It works, but any sound that plays makes everything slow. This is horribly evident with playing music, the entire pc is practically unusable until I pause or stop the music.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys been reading around for most of us there no "REAL" fix as of yet sure windows will figure it out in time but until then just switch your sound quality to AM radio, and BAM! the echoes are gone and the sound is working fine.

Anyone having issues with AC 97 sound popping and cracking. It almost sounds like it is over modulating the way it cuts the sound.

Wondering under what condition does this happen?

Also, could you try DPC Latency Checker in the link below.

www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml

To check if you get constant high latency. Please Post results.