How do I get WMP to rescan my media?

I used to be able to do it in WMP properties but the option is no longer there. I want it to pick up tag changes as quickly as I fix them but it doesn't. Rescanning would fix the issue but I don't have the option to do so.

I used to be able to do it in WMP properties but the option is no longer there. I want it to pick up tag changes as quickly as I fix them but it doesn't. Rescanning would fix the issue but I don't have the option to do so.

I also could'nt find an easy way to do this. But I did manage a quick workaround.

I removed my music folder from the library and then readded it so WMP would rescan.

If you are in Vista, Go into \Users\<Your Username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Media Player and delete all the files. That will delete your media library, and the player will re-scan next time you launch it. You may first need to go into services.msc and stop the Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service before you delete the database files.

Mine usually updates everytime i open WMP. So usually when i edit tags in another program i just close and open WMP to see the changes take effect.

Looks like opening / closing kicks in the scanning. Thanks!

Anytime. I would like to see it live update like the zune software hopefully in RTM.

You can also use "Alt" to bring up the menu then "T" or click "Tools" | "Apply Media Information Changes" then close the dialog with "X" not "Cancel" and it'll run in the background.