The Cleveland Show (Family Guy Spinoff)

FOX's "Family Guy" spinoff "The Cleveland Show" won't hit the air for several months, but once it does it will be around for a while.

The network has taken the unusual step of picking up a second season of the animated series before the first one has premiered. FOX has asked for 13 more episodes of the series, according to The Hollywood Reporter, which brings its total to 35.

What's more, this is the second extension the show has received. FOX initially picked up the show with the intention of having it on the air this season, then decided to push its debut to fall 2009. As a vote of confidence, the network pitched in a full-season order.

The additional 13 episodes will carry the show into the 2010-11 season.

"Cleveland" follows Peter Griffin's friend Cleveland Brown (voiced by Mike Henry) as he and son Cleveland Jr. move to Virginia to live with Cleveland's high school sweetheart ( Sanaa Lathan). The cast also includes Nia Long, Kevin Michael Richardson and Arianna Huffington

"Family Guy" creator Seth MacFarlane, Rich Appel and Henry co-created the series and are executive producing.

Source

The fact it has been given a 2nd season before we see one episode is faith!

Cleveland is boring. Joe & Quagmire are much better. :p

Definitely (Y)

I hope it'll be good, but I have my doubts.

Just spinning off. I assume Cleveland will leave as a character though.

Yeah, he moves out of Quahog.

Cleveland has kind of had enough in Quahog—he kind of realizes that he wants his own friends, his own sidekicks, his own stories. So he sets out to California to make it in a way that we'll have to keep a secret until the show starts, and then he ends up somewhere else, which we'll also keep a secret until the show starts. But he basically goes home—he goes to his hometown of Virginia and rekindles an old high school flame.

So crap like this gets picked up for a second season even before the first episode while GOOD shows like Terminator and Dollhouse teeter on the edge of cancellation?

FOX, go @#$% yourself.

So crap like this gets picked up for a second season even before the first episode while GOOD shows like Terminator and Dollhouse teeter on the edge of cancellation?

FOX, go @#$% yourself.

this.

:yes:

FOX, go @#$% yourself.

Those shows suck and the ratings prove it, sometimes you hardcore fans who think everyone should agree with you need to take a step back and be reasonable :)

And +1 to MidnightQ :p

yeah i don't think too many people like him so i am not surprised that they are kicking him off familyguy and maybe bringing in a new character instead... fingers crossed....

^ I liked him, he brought something different than all the others. He usually had bad **** happen to him a lot. He wasn't the best and I doubt a show about him would be very good but I liked him as part of the gang. A new character would be great though.

Those shows suck and the ratings prove it, sometimes you hardcore fans who think everyone should agree with you need to take a step back and be reasonable :)

Be reasonable? Neither of those shows suck. We don't need everyone to agree with us but it's the fans that keep good shows around. Fox needs to learn it's the fans that give them ratings not the shows. While the ratings might earth shattering they are better than most Sci-Fi shows get these days, not to mention there's a distinct difference between these 2 shows.

As for Fox granting them 2 seasons without airing 1, it's because of how good Family Guy does, they've brought their cartoon weekends out of the ******, Simpsons has been spiraling downwards for years, Family Guy saved them they will bend over for them.

Cleveland is the best character to spinoff. A show on Quagmire would get old fast, there is only so much sexual jokes they can do. They can make little changes but then people would complain that its not Quagmire anymore.

Brian would be another good character but it would be very bad to break him up from the family.

Family Guy fans do not have faith in Seth MacFarlane?

Family Guy fans do not have faith in Seth MacFarlane?

It's not that we don't have faith in McFarlane, it's that we don't have faith in an American Dad/Family Guy hybrid or Fox.

It's not that we don't have faith in McFarlane, it's that we don't have faith in an American Dad/Family Guy hybrid or Fox.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. But then again, I prefer American Dad over Family Guy too. I just think it's a much better show overall. I guess the Cleveland show will be replacing King of the Hill.

Cleveland is the best character to spinoff. A show on Quagmire would get old fast, there is only so much sexual jokes they can do. They can make little changes but then people would complain that its not Quagmire anymore.

True, I didn't think of it like that.

People enjoy Cleveland's jokes now because he's barely in the show. His quick witty comments (much like Quagmire's) work now and again. Whole episodes dedicated to him absolutely suck. Don't have high hopes for Cleveland Show, especially since FG is absolutely terrible now. It should be cancelled again so they learn their lesson and go back to the good days of Season 1/2.

American Dad is epic though. How he managed to keep that successful and turn FG into the most repetitive show I'll never know.

Hopefully Fox are stung by this over the top enthusiasm and they crack the whip.

People enjoy Cleveland's jokes now because he's barely in the show. His quick witty comments (much like Quagmire's) work now and again. Whole episodes dedicated to him absolutely suck. Don't have high hopes for Cleveland Show, especially since FG is absolutely terrible now. It should be cancelled again so they learn their lesson and go back to the good days of Season 1/2.

Just look at how bad the Cleveland/Loretta break-up episodes were.

Joe would be the best character for spinoff imo. His job on the police force would fill a massive gap in their stories. There's not a whole lot about Cleveland they can do, with Joe they could do a whole lot just based on the fact he's a police officer. Plus his character doesn't annoy me. I really liked the episode when Brian was on the force. Plus that retarded cop partner of his is hilarious. Uhmmmmmmm, there's evidence, uhmmm, that's placing you at the scene, uhmmmmm, of the crime.

I dunno if I could sit through a whole episode of Cleveland's monotonous voice. My brain would probably start to hurt real quick.