Windows Seven Enterprise available very soon to SA Customers

In the Alerts section of the MVLS website, this little bit of news hints at an earlier-than-expected RTM release of Windows Seven

Check the screenshot below

post-7606-1243595789_thumb.jpg

"Soon" means nothing. I'd say Windows 7 is going to RTM "soon" anyway, but my concept of "soon" could vary greatly from anyone else's.

I'd expect Windows 7 to hit RTM in July or August at the latest. They want to get it into consumers hands before Xmas and they'll need it to be available to OEMs for about 4 months before the consumer release. For instance, Vista RTM was early November 2006 and the commercial release came in late February 2007.

The software will be available for SA, MSDN and Technet customers as soon as it reaches RTM.

I'd expect Windows 7 to hit RTM in July or August at the latest. They want to get it into consumers hands before Xmas and they'll need it to be available to OEMs for about 4 months before the consumer release. For instance, Vista RTM was early November 2006 and the commercial release came in late February 2007.

The software will be available for SA, MSDN and Technet customers as soon as it reaches RTM.

Wrong, RTM's are usually released around 2-3 months prior to it general release. Vista RTM'd on the 8th of November 2006 and released to the general public on the 31st of January 2007.

I expect Windows 7 to RTM in early August and get a general release in October.