1 vs 100 beta coming State-side for 360 gamers

What is the US-Canadian Beta of 1 vs 100?

Xbox LIVE is offering a beta version of its new game show 1 vs 100 in the United States and Canada. The beta begins June 1st, 2009.

Can I win real prizes during the US-Canadian Beta of 1 vs 100? What prizes?

Yes, every eligible player in the beta will receive entries into the US-Canadian Beta 1 vs 100 Sweepstakes for a chance to win real prizes, including:

* One (1) Grand Prize : A Samsung 52? plasma HDTV and surround sound/receiver bundle. Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of Grand Prize: $3000

* Two (2) First Prizes : An Acer Aspire laptop computer. ARV: $500

* Two (2) Second Prizes : A Microsoft Zune 120GB music player. ARV: $200

* Thirty (30) Third Prizes : A Microsoft Xbox Live Arcade Game of Sponsor?s choosing. ARV of Third Prize: $15 each

Take a look at our Prize Page for the prizes at stake right now and check out the official rules for more information on the sweepstake

Can I win skill-based prizes during the US-Canadian Beta?

Skill-based prizing will ultimately be a feature of 1 vs 100 Live, but is not currently functional in the US-Canadian Beta. What are the different versions of 1 vs 100 I can play during the US-Canadian Beta?

The different versions of 1 vs 100 are 1 vs 100 Live and 1 vs 100 Extended Play. 1 vs 100 Live is a two-hour game with a live host in which players may be selected for high-profile roles like the Mob and The One. 1 vs 100 Extended Play is a fast-paced, half-hour show?the more you play, the better your chances of being picked as the Mob or The One in 1 vs 100 Live!

Xbox.com

I can't imagine how swamped it will be on Monday night!

what time does it actually start on Monday? And are we talking about a Weekly thing or a daily thing?

ive signed into my US account and i cant see a download link... is it out to download yet?

Did you read above? It doesn't start until 7:30pm (CST) June 1st.

Did you read above? It doesn't start until 7:30pm (CST) June 1st.

Right, but what I think he was asking, and what I was about to ask as well, is can we download it ahead of time so we are just ready to go on Monday night? As I can definitely see it possibly being a super slow download if as many people as I believe are going to try and check it actually do.

Right, but what I think he was asking, and what I was about to ask as well, is can we download it ahead of time so we are just ready to go on Monday night? As I can definitely see it possibly being a super slow download if as many people as I believe are going to try and check it actually do.

Yea I understood what he meant but I think MS had a choice to make. Either bottleneck their servers on Monday night or confuse the hell out of stupid people by having it preloaded. That way stupid people will say "I've got it on my Xbox, why won't it work?" I guess I don't see it being a huge download in the first place, hence why I think that way. They have significantly beefed up their servers from the last couple years and a failure or slowdown around E3 would be unacceptable.

I keep missing the dates and times! Just too busy... Hopefully I'll manage to get to play this soon

Yea I understood what he meant but I think MS had a choice to make. Either bottleneck their servers on Monday night or confuse the hell out of stupid people by having it preloaded. That way stupid people will say "I've got it on my Xbox, why won't it work?" I guess I don't see it being a huge download in the first place, hence why I think that way. They have significantly beefed up their servers from the last couple years and a failure or slowdown around E3 would be unacceptable.

Well, lets just say you have way more faith in the Live then I do. I still drop out of parties on a consistent basis on Live for absolutely no reason, I have seen a 700 MB download take over 2 hours in the past 6 months, and know just in the past week or so the service went down for a little while for what was apparently no reason right? So I really am not holding my breath it will be smooth. And I have Verizon FIOS, has nothing to do with my connection at all, my connection is as solid as it can be, and better than most actually.

But still, so I know since I still really do not, it is just a matter of trying to connect @ 10:30 EST and that is it??

Well, lets just say you have way more faith in the Live then I do. I still drop out of parties on a consistent basis on Live for absolutely no reason, I have seen a 700 MB download take over 2 hours in the past 6 months, and know just in the past week or so the service went down for a little while for what was apparently no reason right? So I really am not holding my breath it will be smooth. And I have Verizon FIOS, has nothing to do with my connection at all, my connection is as solid as it can be, and better than most actually.

But still, so I know since I still really do not, it is just a matter of trying to connect @ 10:30 EST and that is it??

Thats the assumption I was under. We just connect and download what we need to play. Wonder if there will be some sort of announcement tomorrow during the MS presentation that its going live, and that people can connect to download the neccessary components to play it later on.

As for you getting dropped out of parties on your connection...I have no comment. :laugh: ;)

That is really weird. I've had some of the same exeriences with some Live downloads, they can just be funky sometimes. I have no clue about the party thing though. If I use them like for instance playing Halo the last couple of weeks, it has been pretty solid. I've got dropped out of games on COD4 but that is the game itself.

I have no doubt there will be something wrong on Monday night, whether that is the game, downloading it, etc.

I got this from the Xbox forum for 1 vs. 100, so take it with a grain of salt of how true it is to working.

On Monday, on the dashboard, there will be a schedule available via the dashboard. This will either be accessible through a 1 vs 100 card on the spotlight or in Game Marketplace. In the Canadian Beta it was via the Game Marketplace, the card on the spotlight was usually just for an upcoming show.

When you are in the schedule, you'll see a bunch more cards, all with a different date and time. You hit X on a desired card and you set a reminder.

If this was your first reminder, the Xbox will download two items, a 1 vs 100 application and 1 vs 100 content file, each were about 45 MB during the Canadian beta.

You can't do anything with these until 5 minutes before the live show/extended play starts. If you're online on your Xbox at 10:25 pm EST, you will see a message saying that 1 vs 100 starts soon. You can then either hit your guide button and immediately select "Play Now", or you go to that 1 vs 100 card on the spotlight and hit A, where you'll see a chance to "Play Now" or "Cancel Reminder." You'll also be able to see if any friends are playing too.

So I would assume (probably not a good idea but whatever), that tomorrow sometime you'll be able to download the files needed.

And yeah, I'm going to agree with both DL/Mystic, something will go wrong somewhere.

man I was REALLY looking forward to this tonight, but with the E3 conference going on, I can't decide if I want to play this or catch up on the events that I miss today from having to work.. I am recording G4 and it starts at like 12pm EST and goes until tonight. SO I got alot to skim through.

Yeah honestly not sure I can check this out now myself, as I did not realize they are saying a full "episode" will take 2 hours. That means I would be up until 12:30 am, and with work the next day, just not really feasible.

Yeah honestly not sure I can check this out now myself, as I did not realize they are saying a full "episode" will take 2 hours. That means I would be up until 12:30 am, and with work the next day, just not really feasible.

DL.. cmon now.. ive seen plenty of times you posting right around midnight on "work" nights... if I am doing it... then you certainly are doing it too... lol

DL.. cmon now.. ive seen plenty of times you posting right around midnight on "work" nights... if I am doing it... then you certainly are doing it too... lol

But I actually have to go into the office tomorrow for a 9 AM meeting. When I work from home I can stay up until 12-1 no problem.

I will still hop on at 10:30 (9:30 if we are going to play some COD4), just saying probably will not make the whole thing.

It's showing a 2:30am show for tomorrow and not 10:30PM tonight that the Spotlight tile indicates. What gives?

Wait so I'm confused, I thought this was going down at 7:30pm tonight?

Yeah, it's showing 2:30am EST for me now. WTF?

Also, can I download it now or I have to wait for a show to begin?

Yeah, it's showing 2:30am EST for me now. WTF?

Also, can I download it now or I have to wait for a show to begin?

Still showing as 10 30 PM on my end...

To download it you have to choose Set A Reminder (or however it is worded), and it will download it automatically without even saying it is, will just tell you the download is done. At least thats what happened on my end, cannot say everyone's experience will be the same since we are all getting different times, etc.

Still showing as 10 30 PM on my end...

To download it you have to choose Set A Reminder (or however it is worded), and it will download it automatically without even saying it is, will just tell you the download is done. At least thats what happened on my end, cannot say everyone's experience will be the same since we are all getting different times, etc.

I did the same as DL. Set the reminder for 10:30 tonight, and the files downloaded.

19 minutes until the everything starts! Hopefully the power doesn't shut off here again. The storms moving through have already shut it off twice.