Reasons we don't use Chrome (participation wanted !)

1-No support for RoboForm :crazy:, it is impossible for me to trust any browser's automatic password saving specially after an experience in 2007 :no: , there are many tools that already can get passwords saved in Chrome as well as almost any other browser's passwords :shiftyninja:, but for RoboForm and other password saving professional tools which use real encryption none exists :cool: .

2-No support for Babylon :x , so i can't just click with my mouse to know the meaning of any word instantly, i have to copy then open babylon then paste then click enter :huh: ! that simply sucks !

Those are the 2 main reasons which made me didn't switch to Chrome and keep with FireFox, nothing else ! :woot:

What are your reasons ? :rolleyes:

Edited by kInG aLeXo

I do not use it because there is no current support (its on its way) for addons and i cannot stand what it looks like on windows XP I want to theme it. It looks great on vista and Windows 7 however it looks stupid on windows XP (especially because i have a dark black theme)

1: roboform is crap. I much prefer the much nicer and more intuitive native implementation in Opera. and if someone has access to yoru computer, you are already compromised and it won't really matter if they could somehow get the passwords out of the browser.

2: Can't say it's something I've ever seen any need of, even in browsers who do support similar functions. not that the functions of somethign like the Opera right click menu is somethign that hurts having, but I don't use it a lot, well not for dictionary anyway.

btw, why make a "negative", or in other words a flame topic, instead of leaving it at a positive "why do you use Chrome" topic, and perhaps one for other browsers. What's the need for flamebatiing with a negative topic ?

Plugins. There is no where near the level of customisation available to Firefox.

Adblock Plus is the easiest, most convenient way of blocking ads I've ever come across. Until I see an equivalent in other browsers, I don't even consider them.

1: roboform is crap. I much prefer the much nicer and more intuitive native implementation in Opera. and if someone has access to yoru computer, you are already compromised and it won't really matter if they could somehow get the passwords out of the browser.

2: Can't say it's something I've ever seen any need of, even in browsers who do support similar functions. not that the functions of somethign like the Opera right click menu is somethign that hurts having, but I don't use it a lot, well not for dictionary anyway.

btw, why make a "negative", or in other words a flame topic, instead of leaving it at a positive "why do you use Chrome" topic, and perhaps one for other browsers. What's the need for flamebatiing with a negative topic ?

I said those are MINE reasons, I know those are not problems for everybody here ! if they were then Chrome market share was gonna be 0% !

It is not flaming, if you look at the topic title, I said in the description "Let's see what Google gonna do", so it is a thing which may help Google maybe to know why people don't switch to their browser immediately.

Why you don't make it now ? go now and make your topic "Why we use Chrome !" nice idea dude and many will participate too

I said those are MINE reasons, I know those are not problem for everybody here ! if they were than Chrome market share was gonna be 0% !

It is not flaming, if you look at the topic title, I said "Let's see what Google gonna do", so it is a thing to help Google maybe to know why people don't switch to their browser immediately.

Why you don't make it now ? go now and make your topic "Why we use Chrome !" nice idea dude

Actually it is essentially flaming. You are in essence stating reasons why you think Chrome sucks and asking other to tell why they think Chrome sucks.

Instead you could have created a positive topic about why Firefox is great., instead you CHOSE to create a topic about why something ELSE(the thing you didn't like) sucks. It may not be directly flaming, but I'd sure put it under flame baiting.

The thing is we've seen so many of these negatively charged topics lately, people rather make them instead of positively charged ones. The same things happened with the whole Opera/IE/FF/Safari/Chrome thing a few weeks ago during the MS lawsuit, where everyone created topics about why you should use the other browsers, instead of topics of why you should use this browser.

It seems peopel would rather say why they hate something than why they like something... guess which ones spark the most arguments too...

Honestly dude, I'm sure there are many Chrome users here that can say the same about the other browsers. I use Firefox on my PC and Safari on my Macbook, they get the job done for me. I don't really use many addon's, but Chrome brings nothing new to the table to make me switch.

Just because Chrome doesn't have great support for your use, doesn't mean it makes it a bad program. If you are so inclined to look up dictionary words constantly, you should stick to what works for you best and lay off flame-baiting other browsers on the forum.

OK !

Any admin here please change my topic title to

"What Chrome needs to be your default browser"

I tried to change my topic title but couldn't

Is that ok for your guys ? sorry for the bad title I chose initially.

Also, I beleive if I made a topic why Chrome is cool most people will not participate or say anything, they will just say to themselves "It is cool because I use it ! why bother even checking the topic !"

I use chrome and firefox.. I find chrome has the edge in speed and stability.. but Firefox is also fast with alittle stability issues off and on.. overall both good browsers.

I love Chrome. It's by far the fastest browser for me. That's the main reason I use it. Also, I really like the minimalist approach the interface takes.

I love Chrome. It's by far the fastest browser for me. That's the main reason I use it. Also, I really like the minimalist approach the interface takes.

+1 - for the same reasons.

Actually it is essentially flaming. You are in essence stating reasons why you think Chrome sucks and asking other to tell why they think Chrome sucks.

Instead you could have created a positive topic about why Firefox is great., instead you CHOSE to create a topic about why something ELSE(the thing you didn't like) sucks. It may not be directly flaming, but I'd sure put it under flame baiting.

The thing is we've seen so many of these negatively charged topics lately, people rather make them instead of positively charged ones. The same things happened with the whole Opera/IE/FF/Safari/Chrome thing a few weeks ago during the MS lawsuit, where everyone created topics about why you should use the other browsers, instead of topics of why you should use this browser.

It seems peopel would rather say why they hate something than why they like something... guess which ones spark the most arguments too...

Chill out.

There is nothing wrong with discussing what you don't like about a product and it is not trolling or flaming to express an opinion. You can have the most inoffensive, nicest topic and people will show up to troll and flame in it.

What I don't like about Chrome:

1. Google branded spyware

2. Too spartan in it's options

3. Incomplete plugin system

4. Doesn't remember page zoom settings

5. No proper bookmark button for those who don't want to waste screen real estate with the Bookmarks Toolbar.

6. The stable version is beta quality at best.

7. Rushed to market too incomplete.

I've made attempts to switch to Chrome a number of times, but can never make it past a day or two of using it. The lack of add-ons, customizable search engine in the tool bar, and the fact that I've been using nothing but firefox for so many years is what is keeping me from switching over. Maybe when Chrome matures a little bit as a browser I'll give it another go, but at this point in time; I'm sticking with Firefox.

For myself, it's not whether Chrome is any "better", it's because my current browser is "good enough" for what I use it for.

That can be applied to any browser.

I looked into it when it first came out, but they didn't have a Mac version. So I forgot about it - and I have little interest in it now.