Linux theme/UI refresh mockups for Firefox 3.7/4.0 appear

Found via Planet Mozilla:

First mockups of the Linux theme/UI refresh for Firefox 3.7 and 4.0. The screenshots show how they're aiming to make the Linux version look similar to the Windows and the Mac OS X version.

Linux Theme/UI Refresh for Firefox 3.7

Fx-3.7-Mockup-Linux-i01-Joined-Tabs-T-Human-Orange.png

Linux Theme/UI Refresh for Firefox 4.0

Fx-4.0-Mockup-Linux-i01-ToT-T-Human-Brown.png

Full article and more screenshots on the MozillaWiki

Can they make the back and forward buttons consistent please. I want both back and forward buttons the same.

Why so? You use back more than forward, thus making the back larger is quite a sensible design choice.

I love the colour scheme there. In fact, I'd like to use that as a theme. :p

Make it so!

BTW the forward and back buttons are almost the same size (the arrows), it's just ones circle shaped, and one isnt. Isn't that much of an issue is it?

Urgh... I swear, Firefox gets uglier with each release... :x

This may not be the prettiest style out there, but the 3.7/4.0 mockups for Windows are ridiculously awesome.

tabs on top is a stupid decision. It's one of the reasons I use Firefox and not Chrome.

That is your opinion. My opinion is its a great decision, I prefer them on the top.

Even though I'm all for tabs-on-top I believe Chrome should offer the ability to switch it to the way firefox has it right now. But on top by default.

Looks good except for the orange color used in the icons. I understand going with the system colors but using it at such a high saturation seems a bit off. The Mac/Windows variants just use a dark shadow for that area. I think it would work if they really desaturated that inner icon color or made the shadow on it stronger.

Oxygen theme looks nice

File:Fx-3.7-Mockup-Linux-i01-T-Oxygen.png

and the dust sands

File:Fx-3.7-Mockup-Linux-i01-T-Dust-Sands.png

4.0 mockup is better than 3.7 imo

ofc FF4 should be better or else why bother develop it ;)

That color scheme is fugly :x

+1, that excrement colour scheme is just plain gross :x

tabs on top is a stupid decision. It's one of the reasons I use Firefox and not Chrome.

Yes, tabs on top is really stupid indeed.