Got my LCE pre-ordered at Best Buy yesterday because GameStop is no longer taking pre-orders for the game. Can't wait to play the demo and pick up the game a week later! GameStop is really starting to suck lately they pulled the LCE of Forza and the Hardened Edition of MW3 but everyone else is still selling it...

I got a demo code for the game, and all I can say is... wow. Graphically it's spectacular, and the handling model feels reworked as well. I'm not sure how to describe the handling now, but every car in the demo really does feel different. The M5 is probably the hardest to control though because the weight is thrown from corner to corner. It might be the first Forza game where you can drift without upgrading the car and giving it stupid amounts of power, because I was chaining the M5 from corner to corner.

The track was also a fantastic choice. It's a snow-peaked mountain, and the backdrop is breathtaking. You'll be tempted to stop and to just look at the view. I was! The soundtrack seems to be mainly electronica. I thought the same about Forza 3 and it gave Rise Against in the final game though, so there's a chance that it's only the music included in the demo. Off the top of my head, you get the following cars (I don't have my 360 on at the moment):

• Mercury Cougar Eliminator
  • Ferrari 458 Italia
  • BMW M5 F10
  • Pagani Zonda Cinque
  • 2008 Subaru Impreza WRX

I didn't try the Subaru, but I started with the Zonda. I really recommend you take the 'Free Look' option and just admire the car before you race, because the light effects and stuff are enough to get your jaw dropping. For a 360 game it proves that the console still has some power to be juiced from it. I'd say it's prettier than the Battlefield 3 beta on console, even.

I got a demo code for the game, and all I can say is... wow. Graphically it's spectacular, and the handling model feels reworked as well. I'm not sure how to describe the handling now, but every car in the demo really does feel different. The M5 is probably the hardest to control though because the weight is thrown from corner to corner. It might be the first Forza game where you can drift without upgrading the car and giving it stupid amounts of power, because I was chaining the M5 from corner to corner.

The track was also a fantastic choice. It's a snow-peaked mountain, and the backdrop is breathtaking. You'll be tempted to stop and to just look at the view. I was! The soundtrack seems to be mainly electronica. I thought the same about Forza 3 and it gave Rise Against in the final game though, so there's a chance that it's only the music included in the demo. Off the top of my head, you get the following cars (I don't have my 360 on at the moment):

• Ferrari 458 Italia
  • BMW M5 F10
  • Pagani Zonda Cinque

I didn't try the Subaru, but I started with the Zonda. I really recommend you take the 'Free Look' option and just admire the car before you race, because the light effects and stuff are enough to get your jaw dropping. For a 360 game it proves that the console still has some power to be juiced from it. I'd say it's prettier than the Battlefield 3 beta on console, even.

Electronica soundtrack?! Sold :D (Y) (know if Lance Hayes is behind it?)

I definitely wanna try the bottom 3 on that list of cars available, I'd like to leave the F10 M5 as stock as possible :happy:

Electronica soundtrack?! Sold :D (Y) (know if Lance Hayes is behind it?)

I definitely wanna try the bottom 3 on that list of cars available, I'd like to leave the F10 M5 as stock as possible :happy:

I noticed The Qemists, and what I think was the SPOR Remix of Stompbox (which was in Need for Speed: Undercover). Not sure if that's electronica, but hey, my knowledge of musical genres is limited. I didn't recognise any of the other songs, unfortunately, but some of them were good. I imagine you'll probably have The Prodigy as well but I didn't play too much of the demo. For me, the cars I most wanted to try were the F10, the Cinque (can't wait till someone does a Tricolore design for it), and the 458 Italia. So I did, and I liked them all a lot.

I got a bit of a "Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2" vibe from it, when driving the Zonda around the track. It felt like the sort of track that would be awesome in that game. I'll probably be playing custom soundtracks over the game, like with Forza 2. I might have to get a Hot Pursuit 2 playlist and just speed through the game listening to Hot Action Cop!

The UI is also very, very slick. It feels much more modern than Forza 3's, which felt like a polished Forza 2 UI and a different menus. This game has a menu that I'd almost be tempted to call sexy, if a menu can be. :p

Just noticed something: on one of the challenges, you can see a few AI cars travelling as obstacles. Just by zipping through them in my BMW, I spotted a Toyota Aygo and the Peugeot equivalent, whose name escapes me. I wonder if I can mod the Aygo into some kind of Supra-killing beast? :p

• Ferrari 458 Italia
  • BMW M5 F10
  • Pagani Zonda Cinque

I want a demo code :p Sounds awesome though, can't wait!!!

I want a demo code :p Sounds awesome though, can't wait!!!

I got my code from the guys on the Twitter account @GodisaGeek (I know, I enjoyed the name as well), but they're out of codes now. Keep an eye out though because @Turn10Studios and @OXM also have mentioned that they're giving out a few codes. Maybe you'll strike lucky and snag one as well. Good luck!

Edit: Wait, I'd like to edit my information on the cars in the game. It's the 2011 Subaru Impreza, as opposed to the 2008 model I said it was. In other words, it looks more like previous Imprezas. Here's a picture of one from Google.

2011-Subaru-Impreza-WRX.jpg

just letting you guys know, the 2011 Impreza will only be a pre-order exclusive to Amazon. It won't be in the final game.

just letting you guys know, the 2011 Impreza will only be a pre-order exclusive to Amazon. It won't be in the final game.

Bah, really? It handled so nicely in the demo. You could quite easily go through a corner on full throttle with all assists off and the handling would remain utterly fine. By going though Quick Race, I noticed a handful more cars. The RX-7 Spirit R returns but I don't think it's a unicorn car this time. At least, I hope it isn't. I wanted it since I discovered I couldn't have it in Forza 3. A moderator from the ForzaMotorsport.net forums, Hoss360, was kind enough to share these pictures at another site I frequent. They're from the Photo Mode in game, and there are more than I've shown but these should act as a nice sample.

1916271-gtr.jpg

1916270-foxbody.jpg

1916267-dubbed.jpg

1916266-amc.jpg

1655084-fm4_vga_2005_ford_gt_3.jpg

Might be wrong here, but the final picture there looks to be on the Top Gear Test Track. I hope so, but the lighting effects are astonishing regardless of where it was taken. Hopefully they'll help whet your appetites for some Forza 4. :p

Look It’s Forza Motorsport 4’s Fancy Review Copy

We can't write about Forza Motorsport 4 until next week when the review embargo lifts. But I thought some of you might want to see what the fancy review copy of the game looks like.

Really it's just branded three-ringer binder, USB drive, tire gauge, paper, pen and the game. But, still kinda cool.

xlarge_img_4221_01.jpg

xlarge_img_4222.jpg

xlarge_img_4223.jpg

xlarge_img_4224_01.jpg

xlarge_img_4225.jpg

xlarge_img_4226_01.jpg

xlarge_img_4227_01.jpg

xlarge_img_4228.jpg

Source: Kotaku

Forza 4, showing you don't need 5+ years to make a great looking racing sim. :whistle:

:laugh: GT only took that long (and still looks crap in comparison) because Polyphony has something like ~150 employees and insisted on doing everything inhouse. Turn 10 has something like 300+ employees and outsourced the car models, so yeah I'd expect Forza to blow GT out the water. I'd actually be more worried if GT still turned out better to be honest :p

Back on topic, Forza 4 is looking fantastic! I'm glad they are properly using the TopGear license (can't wait to play car soccer!!) as GT utterly failed there (just gave us the track and 3 one make novelty races in cars we didn't really care about). Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy GT5 but can't wait to get a copy of Forza 4! (hopefully the Spec 2.0 update for GT5 will improve things but to be honest GT5 is beyond saving now).

Well, I've had the collector's edition preordered since the day preorders started. I don't have a 360 atm, but I can NOT wait to play this game.

@ Paul Ferson

Pre-order bonuses, listed by retailer, for Forza 4:
  • "Available at Amazon.com- Subaru Impreza WRX STI: The Subaru Impreza WRX STI is the highest standard-edition trim in the Subaru compact car line. The STI is recognized as a speed demon on race tracks, winning first place at Super GT in 2008.
  • Available at Best Buy- BMW 1 Series M Coupe: Reaching top speeds of 250 km/h, the 1 Series M Coupe is the high-performance version of the famed BMW 1 Series Coupe.
  • Available at GameStop- Alfa Romeo Giulietta Quadrifoglio Verde: The creation of Italian automaker Alfa Romeo and first introduced at the March 2010 Geneva Motor Show, the Giulietta contains an exclusive Quadrifoglio Verde configuration with a 1.7L turbocharged engine that will steer you to victory.
  • Available at Wal-Mart- MINI John Cooper Works Clubman: MINI enthusiasts around the world rejoice! The JCW Clubman sports a 1.6-liter four-cylinder MINI engine that has been tuned and turbocharged to include 208 horsepower and 192 pound-feet of torque.
  • Available at Target – Honda CR-Z EX: The Honda CR-Z EX is Honda's sport hybrid with an ultra-modern and sporty look, featuring 16" wheels and tires, low-to-the-ground stance and swooping bodywork. Additionally, its six-speed manual transmission makes it the only hybrid with three pedals."

btw, did you notice any customization ? i.e ablilty to take bumpers, spoilers and etc off the car?

I still can't believe it's so close to release. Saw an extra-long ad for it on Sky Sports around lunchtime today.

:p but still a great-looking trailer. When it came up saying "80+ car manufacturers", I immediately thought GT5 has more; turns out I was right. :p GT5's got 98 manufacturers at the moment, although to be fair, 18 or 19 of them are tuning companies, so consider that a moot point. :p

One thing I'm curious about though is the car clubs that they mentioned. Has that been done in Forza before? I can't remember if it has or not.

• Like 1

Have they improved the Painting aspect any? Love Forza 3 editor, just wish some way we could import stuff from jpeg or png. Wont be in it but new tools also welcome. The ability to do vinyl groups in 3 was handy.

Have they improved the Painting aspect any? Love Forza 3 editor, just wish some way we could import stuff from jpeg or png. Wont be in it but new tools also welcome. The ability to do vinyl groups in 3 was handy.

I don't think that you'll be able to import any JPEGs or PNG files with the game since it could be easily abused. Remember, this is on Xbox LIVE: I'd almost be disappointed if someone didn't create a design in poor taste. I haven't kept too up-to-date with the vinyl editor but I'm sure it'll be improved upon a bit further, as has been the case every other time.

One thing I'm curious about though is the car clubs that they mentioned. Has that been done in Forza before? I can't remember if it has or not.

Nope, it's an entirely new feature for the series. People used to form themselves into teams and they still do, but the Car Club system should hopefully allow for these teams to be even more professional. Some of them have incredibly obsessive organization: there are tuners, painters, drivers, drifters, and so on and so forth, so I'm interested in seeing what the Forza community can do with a club.

I am so glad that I have Monday off, going to spend my whole day playing the demo and the BF3 Beta! Then only one week until the full game and I can't wait to get my mitts on the LCE :D

I still can't believe it's so close to release. Saw an extra-long ad for it on Sky Sports around lunchtime today.

:p but still a great-looking trailer. When it came up saying "80+ car manufacturers", I immediately thought GT5 has more; turns out I was right. :p GT5's got 98 manufacturers at the moment, although to be fair, 18 or 19 of them are tuning companies, so consider that a moot point. :p

Was doing some reading up on the game too, didn't realise that they have pulled the weather effects and day/night racing transitions

Simply a great game and it has improved on everything from the previous game, so glad I pre-ordered the LCE!

The Forza 4 Demolition Derby

What happens when you go the wrong direction in Forza Motorsport 4? You smash sh** up.

The cars sure make a noise on impact, especially compared to Gran Turismo 5, which sounded like a cardboard box being kicked.

Though, pretty sure something like this is totally impossible. Call it a hunch.

Source: Kotaku