I have my pre-order receipt. I'll be mighty ****ed if I go to the store on Tuesday and they tell me they don't have any...

I have my pre-order receipt. I'll be mighty ****ed if I go to the store on Tuesday and they tell me they don't have any...

Did you pre-order it in store? I called my Best Buy and the guy had just got the shipment in and he set aside my copy for me since he remembered me pre-ordering and saw me in the system. From what I have read this is affecting online orders only as the stores have already gotten their shipments sometime this week as Monday is a Federal Holiday.

Did you pre-order it in store? I called my Best Buy and the guy had just got the shipment in and he set aside my copy for me since he remembered me pre-ordering and saw me in the system. From what I have read this is affecting online orders only as the stores have already gotten their shipments sometime this week as Monday is a Federal Holiday.

I ordered it at a touchscreen kiosk they have for preorders. I paid the guy at the register in the games section and we BSed a bit, but I doubt he'd remember me (or I him, for that matter).

I was originally going to order it online, but it said it was for shipment only and I wanted to pick it up on Tuesday so i went to the store instead.

I ordered it at a touchscreen kiosk they have for preorders. I paid the guy at the register in the games section and we BSed a bit, but I doubt he'd remember me (or I him, for that matter).

I was originally going to order it online, but it said it was for shipment only and I wanted to pick it up on Tuesday so i went to the store instead.

I did the same thing and they have the copies, just call up the store and talk to the Game Adviser and see if they got them in today. My guy is covered in tattoos so he's not hard to forget lol...

I'm hoping this post will add to the confirmation that anyone who has pre-ordered IN STORE at BestBuy is safe and will be receiving their copy of Forza 4 LCE.

I called the BB that I pre-ordered from and the woman (very nice) told me that their online system and in store system are two completely different things. Each individual store receives their own shipment of copies and sells in store pre-orders based on that. The online store, however, is nation wide and separate from local stores (B&M), and is only connected to local stores through the option of store pickup. She told me that anyone who pre-ordered in store is "golden." Also, that the mass cancellation of pre-orders only seems to coming from BestBuy online, not GameStop or any other major retailer. I hope this is confirmation enough that the problem seems only to lie within pre-ordering from BestBuy Online.

Those of you who ordered anywhere else, I hope you can rest your worries now, though it never hurts to call your local BestBuy and double check your order yourself.

Basically what I did but I am sharing another customers story (http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/permalink/4843222/4844016/ShowThread.aspx#4844016)

I don't think you mean what you said :p

Hmmmmm now that I re-read that I kind of regret posting that LMAO..... Let's try that again, the guy I talked to was covered in tattoos so he kind of stands out from the other blue shirts :p

must have been painful, no wonder you're NoLimit. i just wonder what the 06 refers to :whistle:

as for Forza, this better not get delayed, i am seriously craving it!

Gran Turismo has lost race as the best racing sim it seems. I guess that's what happens when you take forever to release it and then have major updates just after release.

Tempted to buy an xbox just to get this... and gears 3 :p

Whats the fastest time you guys have in the Zonda? I managed a 1:43 last night, can't remember what difficulty settings I had set but i'll grab them later on.

I completely forgot about the Rivals mode, so I only tried it out last night. :p My best time in the Zonda so far (with ABS and STM on, no TCS, and simulation handling) is 1:47.9, but my laps always get invalidated because I stray a few inches off the track. :p

Whats the fastest time you guys have in the Zonda? I managed a 1:43 last night, can't remember what difficulty settings I had set but i'll grab them later on.

My best with the Zonda is about 1:44, with all the assists off, except Rewind (in case I'm setting a great lap and mess it up).

Finally managed to set a good valid lap in the Zonda R: 1:46.544. Not bad for a controller. :) Still 8 seconds off the top of the leaderboard though. :p

I had an Xbox 360 with Forza 3 and loved it. When GT5 finally got a release date I caved, and sold the Xbox to buy a PS3 and GT5 as I just assumed GT5 would live up to the hype and be significantly better. Imagine my disappointment.. I've barely played it.. everything about it irritates me :(

Think I might have to got another Xbox and get Forza 4 as it just looks absolutely superb...

I had an Xbox 360 with Forza 3 and loved it. When GT5 finally got a release date I caved, and sold the Xbox to buy a PS3 and GT5 as I just assumed GT5 would live up to the hype and be significantly better. Imagine my disappointment.. I've barely played it.. everything about it irritates me :(

Think I might have to got another Xbox and get Forza 4 as it just looks absolutely superb...

I picked up GT5 on release and wasn't super impressed either. It just sits on my shelf, gathering dust.

anyone know if GameStop is having a midnight release for the game?

I tried calling my local store where I made a deposit but they weren't answering their phones. ;(

Day 1 purchase..

not only this generations but ever since Forza was out on original XBox back in 2005 it's been the best sim racer out there in my book as the overall feel of the game is quite fun (all assists off of course ;) ) and just feels the best. about the only real drawback on the 2005 Forza game on original XBox was it's frame rate was not liquid smooth as i believe it was 30fps which while not bad is definitely not liquid smooth like how Forza2/3/4 are as they are 60fps.

p.s. Gran Turismo on PS is pretty much obsolete in my book as after you play Forza you just can't go back to GT.

anyone know if GameStop is having a midnight release for the game?

I tried calling my local store where I made a deposit but they weren't answering their phones. ;(

Mine wasn't. Got a text telling me i can get it in the AM.

I'll make joining the club the first thing I do with I get the game. :)

same :D

Hmm, I received an email from Game the other stating that I may or may not get the same which I pre-ordered a few months ago.

I'm guessing I'll be fine as there is no excuse because of how long I pre-ordered it, if not I will be moaning :D I need my racing fix!

So after owning this game around six hours, I have spent an hour racing and hours listening to Jeremy Clarkson make fun of and admire beautiful automobiles.