Neowin/Yahoo! Fantasy NFL Football 2011

Oh yeah my bad!

I was hoping the Eagles would win that one. Still was a great game though.

everytime you post i like you less and less.... ;)

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO DIRTY BIRDS! and my team owned this wekk...

everytime you post i like you less and less.... ;)

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO DIRTY BIRDS! and my team owned this wekk...

Oh DO you? :rofl:

Go Texans! I think they could beat the Saints this week.

Oh DO you? :rofl:

Go Texans! I think they could beat the Saints this week.

Was a good game, and the Texans shouldn't feel too bad about this game. They hung in there for most of the game and should do well further into the season.

Was a good game, and the Texans shouldn't feel too bad about this game. They hung in there for most of the game and should do well further into the season.

Man that game was a barn burner!!

Loved it! They had bad red-zone percentage that's one thing that really killed them.

• 2 weeks later...

I wish I had known about this! I'm kickin' ass in the other 3 leagues I'm in, would love to have joined this one. Next year for sure :)

Having Aaron Rodgers as QB in 2 of the 3 helps (Y)

Ugh. Getting stomped. Don't like having such a large league. 8 seems to be the magic number for me, maybe even 10, but 12 spreads the options so thin and then a lack of willingness to pursue trades makes it all the more difficult to make any headway. Going to be 1-5 after tomorrow I'm sure. Cue Jim Mora: Playoffs? You wanna talk about playoffs? Are you kidding me? Playoffs?!

I've only ever played in 12 team leagues myself.

The games are a lot more high scoring in this league because of the settings. I like it so far I just don't like it that return yards count on D/ST.

This is unrelated to our league, but tonight I lost by one point. Last night my opponent had 100 points, today they have 102. Very frustrating, especially since Green-Ellis and Vincent Jackson only needed one more rushing and receiving yard, respectively, for me to get that additional point to tie.

AdI0DlUCIAAV-mB.png:large

On top of this, I benched Cruz, Gates and Gronkowski. John Kasay missing a field goal attempt, which got me -1 points. I've been blown out before by over 100 points, but this, this certainly tops all others.

• 2 weeks later...

I know this is unrelated but I thought I'd post here instead of the other NFL thread.

So in my fantasy league, I'm having a bit of a dilemma.

My team is as such:

After Tim Tebow is the bench spots and the last two are the kicker spot and defense spot. This is a Yahoo Fantasy League.

Tom Brady

(NE - QB)p_notes_new.png @NYJ W, 37-16 89% 329 3 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 30.36 WR

Mike Wallace

(Pit - WR)p_notes.png @Cin W, 24-17 99% 0 0 0 31 0 6 54 0 0 0 0 14.50 WR

Stevie Johnson

(Buf - WR)Pp_notes_new.png @Dal L, 44-7 85% 0 0 0 0 0 2 8 0 0 0 0 2.80 WR

Antonio Brown

(Pit - WR)p_notes.png @Cin W, 24-17 60% 0 0 0 0 0 5 86 0 0 0 0 13.60 RB

Michael Bush

(Oak - RB)p_notes.png @SD W, 24-17 64% 0 0 0 157 1 3 85 0 0 0 0 40.20 RB

Ryan Mathews

(SD - RB)Pp_notes.png Oak L, 24-17 56% 0 0 0 34 0 3 23 0 0 0 0 8.70 TE

Tony Gonzalez

(Atl - TE)Pp_notes_new.png NO L, 26-23 69% 0 0 0 0 0 6 71 1 0 0 0 19.10 Q/W/R/T

Tim Tebow

(Den - QB)p_notes_new.png @KC W, 17-10 23% 69 1 0 43 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 18.06 BN

Ben Tate

(Hou - RB)Pp_notes.png @TB W, 37-9 26% 0 0 0 63 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 12.30 BN

Mike Williams

(TB - WR)Pp_notes.png Hou L, 37-9 44% 0 0 0 0 0 2 43 0 0 0 0 6.30 BN

Jared Cook

(Ten - TE)Qp_notes.png @Car W, 30-3 6% 0 0 0 0 0 1 18 0 0 0 0 2.80 BN

Doug Baldwin

(Sea - WR)p_notes_new.png Bal W, 22-17 6% 0 0 0 0 0 1 50 0 0 0 0 6.00 BN

Knowshon Moreno

(Den - RB)p_notes_new.png @KC W, 17-10 9% 0 0 0 52 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 5.20

John Kasay

(NO - K)p_notes_none.png @Atl W, 26-23 88% 0 1 0 2 1 0 2 0 18.00

Houston

(Hou - DEF)p_notes_none.png @TB W, 37-9 62% 9 4 0 3 1 0 0 0 17.00

Now, I know I'm thin on the WR and I've so far been offered 2 trades:

1. Michael Bush for Anquan Boldin or Marques Colston

2. Tony Gonzales for Mario Manningham and Kellen Winslow

Do you think I should take anyone else? Who should I try and get rid of? Do you think I should try and get Deion Branch or someone? Where should I strengthen? WR/RB?

Just like that, I'm on a 4 game winning stream, evening out at 5-5 after considering the season lost. I feel like the Chargers*!

* Not this year's team

Been interesting this year! I can't believe LeSean McCoy fell to me at the 10th spot, that's really helping my squad. Some of you guys have had heartbreaking losses. I lost by one point one week, but I've had opponents score pretty low on me which is fortunate.

Crazysah I don't think I would trade Bush. I traded him in my other league for DeSean Jackson and Darrius Heyward-Bey because I needed receiving depth two weeks ago and I'm really regretting that trade right now. DMC still is not practicing and he could be out for some time. Looking at your roster I would keep Bush, who knows, Mathews could re aggravate his injury too. You can never have too many RBs.

Crazysah I don't think I would trade Bush. I traded him in my other league for DeSean Jackson and Darrius Heyward-Bey because I needed receiving depth two weeks ago and I'm really regretting that trade right now. DMC still is not practicing and he could be out for some time. Looking at your roster I would keep Bush, who knows, Mathews could re aggravate his injury too. You can never have too many RBs.

Thanks. What about the Tony Gonzales for Mario Manningham and Kellen Winslow trade? And any position I should try and get for on my team?

Thanks. What about the Tony Gonzales for Mario Manningham and Kellen Winslow trade? And any position I should try and get for on my team?

I can't speak to the recent health of the two players you'd get but it doesn't seem horrible. Sometimes the worst part about 2:1 trades is knowing who to drop.

Fred's squad is going to be dangerous in the playoffs! I can't wait for playoff FF :)

Should make the playoffs in both my leagues, although my other league is a little harder because it's for money lolz

I can't speak to the recent health of the two players you'd get but it doesn't seem horrible. Sometimes the worst part about 2:1 trades is knowing who to drop.

I rejected that trade. i'm still thinking about doing the Michael Bush for Marques Coleston trade. Thoughts?

• 1 month later...

Congrats Touchpad, well done!

I thought Fred was going to win that one but you staved him off.

Was a good season, I placed 3rd in both my leagues lol