Flaunt Your Windows 8 Screenshots here

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
414 replies to this topic

#46 OP bogas04

bogas04

This title is bogus

• Phone: Lumia 920

Posted 18 September 2011 - 05:22

bogas04, you absolutely have to tell me where did you get that clock picture!! :woot: my brother has been looking for that picture in a desktop size for long and could never find it!!
Is it one of Win8devpreview backgrounds now?!
(thanks)

This wallpaper is from Windows Personalization Gallery

Posted Image

PS : My desktop has horizontally inverted picture :p (i do that on purpose , i like objects/source of light of right side)

#47 OP bogas04

bogas04

This title is bogus

Posted 22 September 2011 - 03:57

The dark mode :D

Untitled.png

#48 Ci7

Ci7

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Sony XZ

Posted 22 September 2011 - 10:51

The dark mode :D

*snip*

my my ..... that is astonishing!

#49 Eric

Eric

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 12

Posted 23 September 2011 - 14:44

This wallpaper is from Windows Personalization Gallery

Posted Image

PS : My desktop has horizontally inverted picture :p (i do that on purpose , i like objects/source of light of right side)

Here's the link to the theme's page: http://windows.micro...-the-past-theme

#50 lalalalalalalala

lalalalalalalala

Neowinian

Posted 24 September 2011 - 07:37

this is my version... it looked better before i started changing it more to help some dude who asked me for X hex like alt+tab thing
of course i found new hex codes and then i changed it to pink for my hex code tests but im lazy to fix it, but it doesnt look that bad

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#51 OP bogas04

bogas04

This title is bogus

Posted 24 September 2011 - 12:11

lol i can understand ur laziness :p

#52 PGHammer

PGHammer

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 25 November 2011 - 18:25

New screenies (post-CPU upgrade)!

Immersive/Metro and traditional desktop still (replaced E3400 with Q6600 - no other changes).

Attached Images

• desktop-b.jpg
  • system-b.jpg
  • weather-b.jpg
  • winword-b.jpg

#53 +Obi-Wan Kenobi

Obi-Wan Kenobi

"You were the chosen one!"

Posted 30 November 2011 - 02:04

I don't have anything to flaunt quite just yet, but I just installed the W8DP on my main machine, in a bootable vhd finally...and WOW! My first impressions were from running it on an old dell c610 (test machine, IE10 crashed whenever I tried anything, and it was SSLLOOWW!!!) but I must say WOW. This blows the doors off of W7 by a mile!!! I find myself wanting to switch over to win8 as a full time, full blown OS :blush: although I know it's just an alpha/developer preview....but WOW! I'm not impressed...I'm BLOWN AWAY! (Asus P4P800-VM, Single core Pentium-D@2.53GHz @533Mhz FSB, 2 GB PC3200, ATI HD3650 512MB (sapphire AGP card....yes, yes, I'm way out of the loop hardware wise, but I'll take donations, lol!) I'm truly impressed!!! :woot:

edit: no, I'm not a microsoft fanboy at all, in any way, shape, or form, I believe whatever works for you works for you, whether it be the new *nix, *mac, or whatever, I'm open to anything, I just finally caved in and gave it a whirl. ;)

Edited by obiwankenobi, 30 November 2011 - 02:07.

#54 SuperJediMedia

SuperJediMedia

Neowinian Senior

Posted 02 December 2011 - 06:42

What about any videos to show what Windows 8 is capable of?

#55 SirEvan

SirEvan

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: HTC One (AT&T)

Posted 02 December 2011 - 06:48

Here's my two cents.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Lock Screen

Posted Image

that earth fire water air wall paper please?

#56 PGHammer

PGHammer

Neowinian Senior

Posted 06 January 2012 - 18:49

A bit of a quick-snap...IE10 (desktop, not Immersive) windows with Aero Lite Glass enabled, and Outlook 2010 full-screen in the background.

(Yes - that's the Neowin Forums open in IE.)

Attached Images

• ALG-IE.jpg

#57 trek

trek

7 / X

Posted 05 February 2012 - 09:16

Wow, those metro scrollbars in IE are extremely hideous.

#58 mudslag

mudslag

I live in your head

Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:09

What's the advantage of using metro?

#59 PGHammer

PGHammer

Neowinian Senior

Posted 05 February 2012 - 19:19

What's the advantage of using metro?

Not as much *frou frou* on the desktop as Windows 7 (or previous versions of Windows for that matter).

Let's face it - the Windows 9x desktop and UI have gotten extremely *cluttered* over the nearly two decades they have been the focus; what Metro does is move - if not banish - a lot of the clutter.

The original Windows 95/NT4 UI and desktop were both very clean and nearly minimalist (in comparison to Program Manager in Windows/NT 3.x); however, as Windows has gotten further along, here come the add-ons and general cluttering-up of the UI (and even the Start menu). Just by replacing the Start menu with the StartScreen, it banished a crapton of clutter from the desktop (and from the UI). That is indeed one reason I compared the pre-Metro UI to a pair of comfortable shoes - the shoe owners don't really WANT to break in another pair of shoes, even though the current pair looks hideous, has worn holes through the sole (if not heel), and are about to fall apart. Most of those that have been dissing Metro actually admit to having not tried it, or - if they have - for barely a day. (It takes longer than that to break in a pair of Nike Airs.)

I have to wonder - are those that want to keep the non-Metro UI also wearing shoes about to fall apart, have overstuffed closets, and a cluttered living/office space?

#60 mudslag

mudslag

I live in your head

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:04

Not as much *frou frou* on the desktop as Windows 7 (or previous versions of Windows for that matter).

Let's face it - the Windows 9x desktop and UI have gotten extremely *cluttered* over the nearly two decades they have been the focus; what Metro does is move - if not banish - a lot of the clutter.

The original Windows 95/NT4 UI and desktop were both very clean and nearly minimalist (in comparison to Program Manager in Windows/NT 3.x); however, as Windows has gotten further along, here come the add-ons and general cluttering-up of the UI (and even the Start menu). Just by replacing the Start menu with the StartScreen, it banished a crapton of clutter from the desktop (and from the UI). That is indeed one reason I compared the pre-Metro UI to a pair of comfortable shoes - the shoe owners don't really WANT to break in another pair of shoes, even though the current pair looks hideous, has worn holes through the sole (if not heel), and are about to fall apart. Most of those that have been dissing Metro actually admit to having not tried it, or - if they have - for barely a day. (It takes longer than that to break in a pair of Nike Airs.)

I have to wonder - are those that want to keep the non-Metro UI also wearing shoes about to fall apart, have overstuffed closets, and a cluttered living/office space?

Maybe Im still not getting it or I just havent played with metro enough to grasp it fully. I hardly ever use the start button, 98% of the programs I use are sitting in my task bar. My desktop is pretty much empty. I just dont see the need to have a separate screen to launch everything. Specially when you have to take the extra step to get to the metro screen to find the program you want to launch. To me that seems like unnecessary clutter but again maybe Im missing the bigger picture.