Skype expands to more Android devices

Skype’s Android upgrade – 2.5, announced today – makes the video-chat service available on 14 more Android handsets and tablets.

The added devices are: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1; HTC Nexus One; HTC Shooter; Sony Ericsson Xperia Live with Walkman; Sony Ericsson Xperia neo V; LG Optimus Black; LG Optimus 3D; LG Optimus 2x; Motorola Photon; Motorola Droid 3; Motorola Bionic; Motorola Xoom; Motorola Atrix; and Acer Iconia.

The updated Skype for Android app can be downloaded from the Android Market or Skype.com/m. A full list of supported devices for video-calling is available at the Android Market.

The app now lets you switch between portrait and landscape mode during video calls, and zoom in with a double-tap on the screen. Skype says support for Bluetooth headsets has been improved and there are a number of bug fixes and performance enhancements in the new version.

http://www.vision2mo...id-devices.aspx

Despite what is says, it seems it's NOT working correctly on SOME Acer Iconia A500's. It's fine on stock and some custom ROMs, but I'm running a near stock ROM (It's stock but with the new bootloader removed and is rooted) with a custom kernel and don't get the video option in the settings...

Looks like it might be either a driver issue, or a certificates issue...

• 2 weeks later...

Now that Microsoft has finalized it's purchase of them, what do you think will happen with skype on Android devices..... I was really hoping for Video Chats on my Asus Transformer... anything other program, is basially useless for me as my family and friends only use skype, and of course windows live messenger. :p