official rpg dark souls from software ps3 xbox 360

• Please log in to reply
224 replies to this topic

#31 shakey

shakey

It's soooooo Educational

• 11,021 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 15:12

This guy isn't that tough I am just having trouble finding room to fight him to avoid his attacks.

Ya, that can be a problem. Some enemies on Demon Souls I had to basically lead for 5 minutes to the right area to fight them :p

#32 +KoL

KoL

Javier Ocasio

• 9,913 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 05 October 2011 - 16:21

Goddammit can't beat Taurus Demon. :angry: :angry:

#33 shakey

shakey

It's soooooo Educational

• 11,021 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 16:42

Goddammit can't beat Taurus Demon. :angry: :angry:

Easiest way seems to be, at start once he appears, turn around and run up the ladder to the left of the entrance. Drop onto him and hit him, then run to the other end of the walkway. When he chases after you, dodge his attack and run back to the ladder, rinse and repeat till dead.

#34 +KoL

KoL

Javier Ocasio

• 9,913 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 05 October 2011 - 18:02

Easiest way seems to be, at start once he appears, turn around and run up the ladder to the left of the entrance. Drop onto him and hit him, then run to the other end of the walkway. When he chases after you, dodge his attack and run back to the ladder, rinse and repeat till dead.

Tried that a few times but he always get me. :crazy: I'll keep trying.

#35 Solid Knight

Solid Knight

Neowinian Senior

• 5,140 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 22:01

Tried that a few times but he always get me. I'll keep trying.

You can also get him to fall off the ledge.

#36 shakey

shakey

It's soooooo Educational

• 11,021 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 02:25

Picked up my copy a couple hours ago. Really loving this. It is Demons Souls, but everything upgraded and streamlined. This is going to be taking up a ton of my time I can already tell.

#37 S00N3R FR3AK

S00N3R FR3AK

Champion

• 1,742 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 05:40

So first my finger slipped and I killed the merchant close to the 1st boss. Then I am one melee attack away from killing the boss when suddenly my character has no stam and I die. So I'm like ok, I've made it through all the trash before the boss fine a few times in a row. So I am sniping the guys that throw fire bombs onto the bridge when out of no where a skeleton that had never come at me before starts hitting me after a firebomb connects. I roll away only to be pushed off by said skeleton and watch as 4000 souls and a humanity are washed down the drain. Was about ready to throw my controller at the screen. Though all of that is not as annoying as getting caught trying to run past the box because apparently all the space between him and the wall doesn't exist.

#38 shakey

shakey

It's soooooo Educational

• 11,021 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 06:33

So first my finger slipped and I killed the merchant close to the 1st boss. Then I am one melee attack away from killing the boss when suddenly my character has no stam and I die. So I'm like ok, I've made it through all the trash before the boss fine a few times in a row. So I am sniping the guys that throw fire bombs onto the bridge when out of no where a skeleton that had never come at me before starts hitting me after a firebomb connects. I roll away only to be pushed off by said skeleton and watch as 4000 souls and a humanity are washed down the drain. Was about ready to throw my controller at the screen. Though all of that is not as annoying as getting caught trying to run past the box because apparently all the space between him and the wall doesn't exist.

Yup, brutal :p
This game makes you memorize the levels. You have to just keep pushing through. Don't be too discouraged from losing souls, as they are easy to get. Once you get better, if this is like Demon Souls, you can run to other areas you have been too and wipe places out quicker.
My friend has a new goal in life... to kill the very first boss with just his broken sword. Read on the wiki that you get his weapon to use and something else... but supposed to be a 30 minute fight.

#39 OP Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

• 36,009 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 13:38

My copy didn't arrive today like I thought it might, tomorrow it is!

#40 shakey

shakey

It's soooooo Educational

• 11,021 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 14:28

I'm having a hard time leaving the Demon Souls mentality at the door for this, and I keep forgetting I've respawned everything, or that the elevator didn't reset back to at the top of the tower.... thus leading me to just running straight into my death lol. But right now, I'm just playing around with the different classes... Thinking I might make my main a deprived.

#41 OP Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

• 36,009 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 14:33

I'm having a hard time leaving the Demon Souls mentality at the door for this, and I keep forgetting I've respawned everything, or that the elevator didn't reset back to at the top of the tower.... thus leading me to just running straight into my death lol. But right now, I'm just playing around with the different classes... Thinking I might make my main a deprived.

lolwut?

Noooo. That's the hardest to start as :laugh:

Pyro or Wanderer are good choices for beginners. Or a Sorcerer as Soul Arrow is pretty effective at making your game easier by sniping enemies. Of course, if you know where to go you can learn Soul Arrow as another class at the start of the game for 2000 souls, which I recommend doing and picking Pyro/Wanderer.

Starting classes only affect the start of the game though, as you progress you pick your own stats anyway.

#42 shakey

shakey

It's soooooo Educational

• 11,021 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 15:08

lolwut?

Noooo. That's the hardest to start as :laugh:

Pyro or Wanderer are good choices for beginners. Or a Sorcerer as Soul Arrow is pretty effective at making your game easier by sniping enemies. Of course, if you know where to go you can learn Soul Arrow as another class at the start of the game for 2000 souls, which I recommend doing and picking Pyro/Wanderer.

Starting classes only affect the start of the game though, as you progress you pick your own stats anyway.

I know, that is what I want :p
My class in Demon souls was a Royal. No shield, I just run around with wand and big ass sword. I use that big ass funnel hat that blocks half your screen and makes you take more damage, but makes your magic hurt more :p I like a challenge. Though, I haven't been able to beat New Game + on Demon Souls with that char due to how hard it is.

#43 WastedJoker

WastedJoker

Rampant Sciolist

• 3,603 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 21:31

I'm gonna beat that Asylum Demon with the broken sword no matter how long it takes.

#44 shakey

shakey

It's soooooo Educational

• 11,021 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 21:40

I'm gonna beat that Asylum Demon with the broken sword no matter how long it takes.

Good luck. Spent like an hour last night with a friend trying to.. If you do, start your character with the black flame bombs, they will give you a little edge, but if you fail, there goes your unique starting gift lol.

I'm trying to wrap my head around all the damn covenants, and which one I would want to join. The Grave Lord Covenant seems like it would be good fun.... but there are others that seem like they would be interesting as well... And if you progress too far, you miss your chance until new game +. But I like the way this game really punishes you with covenants. You break almost any covenant, and you are on the Book of Guilty, and thus, will be forever hunted by the Blade of Dark Moon covenant followers.

#45 mattmatik

mattmatik

formerly soLoredd

• 4,928 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 05:47

FINALLY got my order from Amazon yesterday. I say FINALLY only because I've been dying to play and my release-date delivery got pushed a day. Got a couple hours in and, as expected, am loving the hell out of it. I started off as a Thief but am now playing a Pyromancer. Funny thing - with my Thief, I tried 7 times to beat the Asylum Demon with my broken sword.
Spoiler
Had to resort to YouTube for that one :(

I'm so sad I'm working the next 4 days (12 hour night shifts) because I really want to play!