[update] New Xbox Dashboard preview now avaiable

Over the next few weeks? It's been over two weeks since this started! Seems to me that the only reason they're doing this is to have fewer consoles to update at once come the release day. It's a bit underwhelming :(

If the rumors are true the general release will be in 2 weeks so what's the point?

If the rumors are true the general release will be in 2 weeks so what's the point?

If you have a large enough group of people they'll only need 1 or 2 weeks of a preview to see if there are any major issues left. If there are any, well, they haven't announced a release date yet so they don't have to worry about delaying it. They'll just release it later. The preview isn't for you to have a good time getitng it way earlier than others, its to do a final stress test with a larger group of actual users. They probably aren't expecting any major issues and therefore don't need to allot much time to it.

Any news on this yet? They moved a lot quicker with the last preview program, once you were accepted it was like the first tuesday after you got immediate updates - we haven't even been asked for console id's yet.

Yeah, bummer.. nothing new :)

How is Spring TX? I grew up in North Hampton and went to Klein Oak HS down there :)

I tried to buy a house, twice, in Northampton and live 5 minutes from it :D

It's nice right now, but the summer was brutal.

Put the key in the xbox site, its queued, will have it downloaded when i get home. Hopefully ill get lucky like the last one and it update right away instead of the 3-5 days

Put the key in the xbox site, its queued, will have it downloaded when i get home. Hopefully ill get lucky like the last one and it update right away instead of the 3-5 days

It says that it's only recommended you redeem it on the console itself, hopefully it still works for you though.

Instructions: Redeem Code

Follow these instructions to redeem a code on your console. While there is a method to redeem the code via Xbox.com -- we highly recommend for this application you redeem it directly from your console per the instructions provided here.

It's just a few days. Should be up by the end of the work week, I imagine.

1-2 Days from the app screen when you redeem you code, hopefully Friday sometime :D

I'm hoping sooner but friday is better than later lol I'm pretty excited about this! Also, this years method for the beta program is a lot better and sufficient.

It says that it's only recommended you redeem it on the console itself, hopefully it still works for you though.

yea i know it said recomend, but recomend is diffrent then required. so far worked fine. will find out when the update comes out

Doubtful. I don't think they'd give it at the end of the week. Likely early next week.

When I signed up it told me the update would be done in 1-2 business days...